Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Launch Trailer [36545]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Launch Trailer [36545] Reply with quote

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition is the critically acclaimed action-adventure, rebuilt specifically for next-gen consoles. Available 1/28/14.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a list of changes (apart from the consolization)?
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

In a question and answer session on the Eidos forum, Crystal Dynamics executive producer Scot Amos insisted Tomb Raider Definitive Edition was more than "only a facelift".

One participant called "Fission" questioned whether the Definitive Edition's full price was justified - calling it a "face-lifted version of the same game so soon after the release of the original".

"The lack of extra content (especially for the SP player) makes it hardly worth it," Fission added.

"It's a great question and while I don't control sales or prices, what I do know is that Tomb Raider is an awesome game," Amos replied.

"It has received many nominations and has an amazing fan base that keeps us striving to always deliver the best and always pushing ourselves to even do better.

"If it was 'only a facelift' AND we were only reselling it on the same platforms we'd already shipped it on, I would see your point. But as we're selling it on a new platform, with a lot of development work put in to custom craft it for the new platforms; with the new additions for the aesthetic, the physics, the particles, the lighting - taking advantage of next-gen features - so I absolutely stand by our decision to offer up Definitive Edition the way we are."

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=140668&page=3
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like most of those could go into the PC patch as well - but I guess they want to capitalize on consoles first...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: