Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay [36540]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls Online Gameplay [36540] Reply with quote

Let's guess how long until this game goes free to play!

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2-3 months is my guess....I was in beta and it was horrible.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge part of Elder Scrolls is the game engine itself, the way the game plays and looks. They cobbled it onto the same engine that Star Wars The Old Republic uses instead (cheaper than adding mmorpg to the proper Bethesda engine, probably) and as a result to me it always looks like Star Wars - Elder Scrolls or something when you see it played...

I'm usually interested in new multiplayer games, but I'm ten times more excited about Wildstar, for instance.

This will start with a bang and end with a whimper, imho.
djnforce9
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:18 pm    Post subject: This would work Single player. Reply with quote

It felt more like the single player titles but with other players around who actually resembled phantoms floating from place to place sucking up all the chests and other loot along the way. Sometimes they were even hard to tell apart from the NPC's.

In other words, this really didn't need to be an MMO. It could have just been another Elder Scrolls single player title with online play for PvP features. Also, while I get that stories are usually non-existant in MMO's and this game tries to change that, if you're in a group, nobody wants to wait for you to finish lengthy dialog sequences with random NPC's.
Majnun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason I'm remotely interested is to see the entire world of Tamriel.

To compare the Morrowind, etc of the SP games to what's in this game and just to see/explore it all.

But that interest isn't enough to make me buy the game. And like Genoism said, I see maybe 2-3 months of entertainment from that. At best.

But good luck to them!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: