Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Windows 8.1 Patch for Mouse Gaming Lag [36168]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Windows 8.1 Patch for Mouse Gaming Lag [36168] Reply with quote

Gamers cries for a fix for lagging mouse movement while playing games in 8.1 has been heard by Microsoft. The patch addresses problems with 22 games variations and more if you are computer savvy. The Microsoft Support website has launched a page with download links for the update that cover the 32-bit and 64-bit versio

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have thought that with 33 years of experience, MS would get a mouse driver right.

Anyway, the gamers I know use Windows 7. Why go with an inferior OS when you need the most out of your PC?
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.. noobsoft

Probably a deliberate bug to force people to turn the shit update on and let scumsoft infest there pc and get the latest spy log update.

And this is just a patch.. its not FIXED ...EITHER THE ISSUE IS FIXED OR ITS ONLY FIXED FOR THAT LIST OF GAMES.. is the impression that gives.

either way idiots who bought Winshite 8 when they had win7 already, are just dumb. Metroshite downgrade.
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
either way idiots who bought Winshite 8 when they had win7 already, are just dumb.

Weren't you saying the same thing about Windows 7 and XP only a few years ago? You sound like a broken record.
sikapossu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Koogle wrote:
either way idiots who bought Winshite 8 when they had win7 already, are just dumb.

Weren't you saying the same thing about Windows 7 and XP only a few years ago? You sound like a broken record.

if there is microsoft in news you can be sure to find him allways posting someting like this here
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we went through the MS patterns before. You can observe it from the last few (but if you go further back, you'll see the same pattern).

The first XP was bad, so a switch from '98 or 2k was out of the question. It became better with SP1 and matured with SP3 at which point it became the best choice.
Vista was a tragicomedy as a whole.
7 was not as bad as XP from the start and became pretty decent with SP1 - another worthy upgrade.
8 seems to be another tragicomedy.

It seems obvious that MS does a 'test' release every second cycle, trying to dump rubbish on people/corporations and see how they take it. Then, based on the strongest feedback from each camp (the consumer and corporate camps), they eliminate the crappiest stuff, apply the fixes/patches/improvements done so far, give a facelift and make a new release. The same thing is happening now with 8.1, but this had to be a quick patch as 8 is unusable as it is (to a lot of people).

If MS follows the same pattern, I'd expect 9 to be better than any of the OSes before - and hopefully, it will come with a proper mouse driver (and no touch rubbish). And yes, it will most likely ship with the regular windowing interface, without Metro. Metro should be an installable addon, like IE, Silverlight, DotNET, etc. for those who actually want it.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

th4t1guy wrote:
Koogle wrote:

I did indeed say it about vista, and for win7 in the early days until bunch of shell extensions and improvements got ported over to it, oh and eventual decline of support for xp. I still use xpsp3 the theme, performance etc is still just as good as win7, only reason I moved to win7 was games and production software which could not be installed on xp anymore, hardware acceleration basically, even browsers like firefox because it was dx10/11 feature mozilla couldn't be arsed to use dx9 or opengl even though google did.. things like that, force people along with newer .net frameworks that also never got ported to support xp, and the MS cunts have done the same with ultra fail vista os.

MS just manipulate developers (dropping support for win7 in frameworks etc) and consumers (deals with suppliers and removing win7 from new pc sales) onto newew stinking platforms to make money, the only thing that will make me switch to winshite8 is the manipulation MS will do with api's and the web etc, manipulating developers off developing for win7 via directx etc by simply not bothering to develop or enable the support on older OS, things that would take less than an hour of coding to support.. but shitbags like that know the game is about moving sheep across where they can be ripped off again.

Win7 is the new xp now and with the direction ms takes the OS, the day of Linux desktop nears closer.. I already use remote ubuntu and other linux distros on server machines, it stinks as a desktop compared to windows xp which feels like a decade ahead of linux desktop variants and the functionality it has etc. But it will happen eventually because MS fking suck pig balls, and they will gamble on dumbshits accepting all the bullshit they force in winshite8 and the future scumcloud service os, which will be wet dream of those shitbags if you let it happen.

And you bought winshite 8? let me know so I can laugh at your terrible taste metro garbage is disgusting they even trashed the areo theme and just squared everything... its tasteless dumbificated design. They also did fuk all to improve the the base explorer shell, spent more time working on metro shite.. you even taken a look at the bundle metroshite apps.. check the microphone recorder.. biggest fking laugh ever, even win95 came bundled with a better mic recorder and other apps. Thats the improvement and you pay for that crap. they could't even give that shit to me for free to use.. and I tried 8.1 its a pile of stinking shit, why put up with crap when I already have everything working just great in win7 the setup I now run is the base I compare everything else by now.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The first XP was bad, so a switch from '98 or 2k was out of the question. It became better with SP1 and matured with SP3 at which point it became the best choice.
7 was not as bad as XP from the start and became pretty decent with SP1 - another worthy upgrade.

9 cloud will be an even bigger tragicomedy, the real MS hell way for the real braindead.
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Quote:

9 cloud will be an even bigger tragicomedy, the real MS hell way for the real braindead.

Meanwhile, the first notebooks with Android coming....
http://news.lenovo.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=1727
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koogle wrote:
Quote:

There's already a lot of feedback about the cloud rubbish in Office, so I'd think (or at least, I hope) that it will be one of those features that "never made it" and will be dropped from 9.
Who in their sane minds would store anything in an MS or Google cloud, especially after all the spying thingies revealed?
A consumer/company creating its own cloud and setting that as "the cloud" into the Office apps would make sense, but MS was never about making sense.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heretic wrote:

That's new to you?
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
heretic wrote:

That's new to you?

Nope Very Happy But I've noticed even community building Android versions for various notebook models....it's good sign. Bad news for MS though.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having more competition is always a good thing. It makes you focus - makes you want to get your shite together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: