Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

GTA V - PS3 vs. Xbox 360 [35872]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: GTA V - PS3 vs. Xbox 360 [35872] Reply with quote

Eurogamer's Digital Foundry has taken a look at both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of GTA V.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gGhXZxoSzU
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if it was PC it would be 19fps to 200fps Laughing when GTAIV was released on PC it was an abomination. Still is!

Quote:
Hello folks,
Iam here to once again rage a little bit on this optimization thread.
GTA IV is a game which is almost 5 years old now. And still, yes, still hasn't been optimized.
I remember buying this game and the EFLC expansion on day one when they were released for PC.
I remember the game had quite a lot of bugs and optimizations issues, I played it on medium settings on my computer back then (C2D 8500 ~ 4.06 GHz, 8800 512 gts updated to nvidia 295 GTX in 2010, 8 GB ram and win 7 64bit ). Even then I was experiencing a lot of stuttering , but I finished the game and both expansions with almost 90% completition on all of them (I never quite managed to get all those pigeons and the other collectibles in those two expansions)
But I was having fun nevertheless, despite that utterly bad optimization.
And now after 3 years I finally managed to buy a new very high end computer, the specs are as follows
MB: Asus Maximus V Formula
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K ~ 4.6 GHz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX670OC-2GD SLI
RAM: 4x4 GB Kingston 2133 Mhz DDR3
SC: SB X-Fi Titanium Champion
SSD: 240 GB C4 crucial
And after installing the game on the pc I was disgusted by the performance, I mean with everything maxed out I only get around 50 fps with fps drops to unpayable 30 or 25 fps...
Vastly frustrated I uninstalled it immediatelly afterwards and the one thing left was a sharp and sour feeling of helplessness...
I was very pissed off at the decision made by rockstar not to announce the new GTA V for PC, but now Iam happy, because we won't be getting this same unoptimized garbage on PC again and I won't be disappointed and disillusioned as I was with GTA IV, don't get me wrong fellas, I still rate this game very high on my personal top10 list.
I apologize for the long text, but hopefully somebody will read it and endorse it.
Iam off to play some Max Payne 3 and Tomb Raider, two recent games that are actually beautifully optimized and nicely ported on PC with dx11 effects and all the goodies that we , the PC folk like.
Thank you for the space to express my frustration and I bid you farewell in your endeavours
Edited by 3rr0r, 19 April 2013 - 09:35 PM.

http://gtaforums.com/topic/552103-gta-iv-is-the-worst-pc-port-of-all-time/

I wouldn't hold my breath for a PC port after the PC GTA IV flop.

The PC is a fickle beast, for too many out there they couldn't run it bells and whistles with poor hardware and builds. But they blame Rockstar rather than their machines when they crank it up barely meeting minimum specs. Give me a steady 30 or so fps over massive fluctuations ANY day! Though my rig can pretty much chew through today's games in DX 11.

GTAV would need a top end rig. More than most PC owners will dream of. Hence piss poor sales.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it occurred to anyone that a code that runs this slow is just "bad"?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Has it occurred to anyone that a code that runs this slow is just "bad"?

Don't know what you mean? If you are referring to consoles, they always play either 30 or in a few cases 60 fps. The main thing is they are optimised and having both a high end rig and a console, the console is way,way smoother than my PC version of GTA IV. Sure I can hit 50fps but it dips and swings all over the shop. Draw distance being the killer.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry. I am referring to the insane PC requirements in your earlier post.
It's ridiculous. Heavier games run far faster on PC.
PC ports are often screwed up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: