Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

The Elder Scrolls Online Will Have Subscription Fee [35740]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: The Elder Scrolls Online Will Have Subscription Fee [35740] Reply with quote

The Elder Scrolls Online will be going against the conventional wisdom of other MMO franchises. Charging a monthly subscription to play is going to be a real challenge for ZeniMax to garner longtime customer support.

Speaking to Germany's Gamestar, ZeniMax GM Matt Firor revealed that The Elder Scrolls Online will i

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F2P and microtransactions (that often aren't that "micro) are a pain in the butt, so at least they're doing something right. Still not wild about the game engine they use, it looks a lot like "Elder Scrolls - The Old Republic"... but at least there won't be a constant nagging and other BS going on in the game that you buy stuff, and there won't be constant irritation about stuff you really feel you can use, but won't get because it costs ridiculous amounts of real-world money.
Venom1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P2P ?
In 6 (or even less) months this game will be F2P.
We have GW2 no need for this crap-clone.
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it depends on what you expect from a game, lorcro. I find F2P works better for me than a sub these days, as I don't have huge blocks of time to spend on a game. I can put that $15 per month to far better use in World of Tanks and Rift than I could in a subscription, by spending it when I want on exactly what I want.

Now if you're a hardcore, 30+ hour per week MMO raider type, I can see where a sub might make sense. I just don't think they're going to find that many people who are willing to pay $15/month to play what amounts to Skyrim with more surface area.

As for the "constant nagging," that is not true of either of the games I mentioned above. They have incentives to spend more money if you desire, but those incentives are entirely transparent; you have to go looking for them if you want them. I suspect you're trying poorly-designed F2P games. I would suggest you look around some more, as there are plenty of good ones out there.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA, no interest now. There was talk going on about them doing this but it didn't look like they were going to or they were carefully considering options. Now I have zero interest. I don't mind if there is things you can pay for if you wanted too but that's a far cry from a subscription model. If they don't even care to listen to their community what's the future going to be? I'll wait until it's F2P period we all know that's how it will be eventually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: