Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Nvidia Suggests GTA V Coming to PC This Fall [35679]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Nvidia Suggests GTA V Coming to PC This Fall [35679] Reply with quote

Looks like Nvidia investor call may have accidentally revealed that GTA 5 will be released on PC this fall. If true, this will be the first time in years that PC gamers won't need to wait 6+ months for a GTA port.

en was outlining the changes in the PC market - changes which PC gamers are affecting - before he expla

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, I discovered saints row the third a week ago. Never peaked my interest before but I gave it a go. I don't think I will ever be able to play dull GTA series after Saints Row. GTA was the first (perhaps) but what Saints does is soooo much better and the sequel is around the corner. Personally, Rockstar needs to up their game, they are not the only players in town any longer. Hell, Sleeping dogs, to me, was way better than GTA IV. I wouldn't even know where to start to explain how/why...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody has different tastes. I got saint row third in the steam sale, its a very funny game inc all the DLC but that's it, it's a fun game. It doesnt really come up against GTA IV as its just sooo different. I never understood the relevance between the two franchises. I've owned all GTA games since day of release and each one has just got better and better. Sure there has been some tedious rubbish thrown in like san Andreas working out to keep fit and persistent back and forth to protect your hood. But the adult humour, drinking side missions, size of the world and physics are just second to none. Crash a car in SR third or shoot it. It just eventually blows up. No damage, crumple bodywork or brilliant handling. Hit a vehicle in GTA IV and have bodywork impinge on the wheels or drivers going through the windshield, or kill the occupants outright inside. Rip doors off, drag pedestrians about, run them over, put bombs on vehicles It's pure sandbox stuff. Wheels go on fire. Explosions damage sides of the vehicles and blow out windows and set drivers on fire. It's a more realistic world like our own. Peds on phones, arguments, cops chasing perps and even in game relationships lol. GTA 5 will allow tons more car modding and again more adult stuff, like a brill Personal action movie. Anyway, I like adult and fun games so they both fit in but there's no way I compare them both to each other. Like comparing C&C with Total War, same in concept but that's where it ends.

Saints row IV for eg, the president fighting aliens and saving the world... How can you compare that to GTA IV or 5?! Lol
doodah

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus, have you actually played SR3?! It has most if not all of that! Smile
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the car damage? A burst tyre isn't car damage. You hit a car and the back of your car gets damage scrapes, wtf. So at what part of 10 hrs gameplay does the damage and physics and everything else kick-in that happens from the start in GTA IV?? Mine must be locked Laughing put it this way, as I've said fighting aliens isn't GTA and mediocre upgrades to cars isn't either. Neither is jumping out of a car at 150mph and standing on your feet! It's fun no doubt, but stop compairing apples and oranges.
Get carmageddon or interstate 76 if you want to see the original fun stuff that games like saints row claim to invent.

Senior producer, jim Boone says;
Quote:
Boone believes that Volition has done enough with the Saints Row series in the years since its initial release to distinguish it from GTA, and thinks that the comparisons between the two is akin to comparing Call of Duty with Dead Space.

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/gta5/news/gta_5s_september_release_isnt_a_concern_for_saints_row_4_says_volition.html

As I said, apples and oranges...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean "where's car damage" ? It's there. You can destroy your car, you can loose a wheel or all wheels. Destroying enemy cars while they approach you is actually one of the best ways to deal with them. You can also get destroyed and killed while in a car. It's just not as tedious as it is in GTA. They took out annoying stuff that ruined fun in GTA (to some degree) and replaced it with ridiculous fun. And unlike in GTA, you can actually STORE your car in a garage and have it delivered to you when you need it. You can also upgrade your car that you stored to have more durability, speed, dmg and whatnot.
They WANT you to drive the car you like and crash others if you so desire. They don't want you to crash 2 times and loose a car and then be forced to drive some junk. That's not fun, at least not for me.

Saints Row has a completely different approach to things than GTA has. And I like it, I prefer it, to me it's way more fun and that is, imo, what games should be about - fun! GTA is just too damn linear, there is no sense of any progress at all. Your character ends up just as he starts. He just has more money and nothing to spend it on. In Saints Row you level up, and it's ridiculous. At later levels (they call it respect) you are immune to all dmg except laser dmg and vehicle dmg (maybe you can be immune to that, idk, I am lvl 47 atm) and it's OP and they did it on purpose, they want you to feel godlike and crash, kill, destroy everything if you so desire.
I must say, I prefer that over the GTA way of doing things, dying in middle of a long mission bcs some asshole had a lucky shoot and you ran out of body armor (which you constantly have to buy over and over again and it's tedious).

I mean, sure, you are right, it's a matter of preference and I definitely prefer SR way or Sleeping Dogs way (beat the crap out of everyone, gun play has very little use but when needed it's perfectly executed, not clumsy as in GTA).
That's why I said that Rockstar needs to up their game. Game mechanics at least. hitting people with fists and occasional kick is simply boring for today's standards. Sleeping dogs aside, try running towards people in SR and hit melee attack... You can use people as a shield or throw them around, I mean, it so so much more fun than GTA. Did I mention that you can upgrade weapons you own? And yes, you can own weapons, you can even carry them in the street without having trouble with the police.
I mean, they took GTA and they fucking supersized it 10 times. I am glad they did and I am glad I tried this game out and I can't wait for SR IV where you get to be president of USA and have fucking superpowers Very Happy From what I saw, it's like Prototype but it doesn't suck!
can't wait Very Happy Few more days only Razz
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
what do you mean "where's car damage" ? It's there. You can destroy your car, you can loose a wheel or all wheels. Destroying enemy cars while they approach you is actually one of the best ways to deal with them.

I have just played SR3 again, and it's exactly as i said, minimal damage. Hitting vehicles head-on doesn't actually cause any damage to your car. Apart from glass breaking and the odd tyre bursting from being shot and running on rims, it takes a cumulative amount of crashing to see the paintwork getting distressed, but there is absolutely basic damage to your car. getting shot provides no clues either in car. Eventualy the vehicle starts to smoke and then flames. In GTA your car is riddled with bullet holes, body parts are missing all over the place and its crumpled to shit!

Using a tank will of course get the best damage to other vehicles as it flattens them, but when you start a run of kills and your notoriety increases it gets very tedious as you go on and on killing but with no ending.... other than you going into an owned building to end it. I love the difficulty of GTA when the cops get absolute hard asses and kill you in seconds - if you don't rapidly beat a retreat.
Are all views in SR3 third person?? i hate driving from outside.
Do you also realize there's actually no story to SR3, it just seems to be random missions stuck all over the place. Yes you can continue each persons story in chunks, but i have no empathy or affiliation with my character unlike Niko bellic.
Yeah it's a fun game, in hour bites, but i never feel i'm going forward in gameplay and achieving anything that draws me back in. It's just do mission, create carnage, shoot millions of gang members that attack you when you have nothing to do with them, cops also attack you when on a mission? do that in GTA and you can actually get the cops on your side by NOT attacking gangs or the target.
Sorry guys, i see no connection (as the senior producer clarifies, also) with GTA. People in SR3 dont actually amount to anything other than visual 'filling'. In GTA you see cops chasing after fugitives, people fighting each other in car bumps. even drunk drivers hurtling crazily about the place and drunks crossing the road. Trains, planes, boats and every conceivable vehicle that conveys weight and size.
By the way, dying in a mission is part of the realistic part of the game in GTA. You can hide behind everything! You have proper dive behind cover. You can outflank the enemy. You can't even use cover in SR3!!!!!

sorry, absolutely NO contest. If you really think that SR is a threat to GTA, your crazy. Laughing
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well there is a story, they made is it's character related and you follow it that way. Shit unfolds as you progress. A lot of shit, weird and fun shit Smile Shooting a lot of gang members is not a part of the story, that's optional unless it's related to the main character mission.

GTA has it's share of different stuff that SR doesn't have and SR has it's own stuff, nothing weird about that.

All I said is, to me, SR is a lot of fun and keeps me amused. I never finished any single GTA game, I got bored or irritated with each one at some point and a lot of missions are a pain in the ass where you have no clue as to what you have to do and how and you end up messing up and then you have to start it all over again bcs there are no save points in missions. Some are really cool and fun but some are a chore. Flying a chopper or a plane is so screwed up in GTA that I avoided it whenever possible, idk, maybe it's fun for some people.

All in all, to me, SR is overall more fun. I don't really care about cops chasing pedestrians or bullet holes in vehicles, that's nice to have but does nothing for the gameplay. And Niko Belic (they messed up bcs it should be Belić and name is probably Nikola with "Nico" being more of a nickname) is a character from ex Yugoslavia (probably a Serb or a Bosnian) where I am from but that didn't do anything to bring his character closer to me. Idk how they managed to do that really...

anyway, I am almost sure GTA V will be the same shit as GTA IV is. I am just hoping it will be optimized and playable and have ability to store bloody cars that you steal...

PS. Gang members attack you bcs you run a gang of your own, you are in a war over territory with them. It's what Saints are all about man Smile Look at the map Smile Cops attack you only if you attack them or if they see you kill a civilian but they usually don't give a damn, they know who you are Smile
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your not kidding, about weird shit! Lol that giant green freak is just mental. Do you know that GTA sant Andreas is the exact same as SR3 in the fact it has nothing but gang or hoods on a monumental scale? Drive into any and they attack you on sight and you can bring a load of gang members with you in the car to fight with you? Like I said, huge amounts of similarity.
Also, missions in GTA have always been easy to follow since you have messages on your phone and just a quick look at the map tells you where to next go to continue the story, by way of an initial of someone's name. Of course there is tons of shit to do like steal cars, BASE jump, or tons of other things. Having your own room and watching your own tv channels was quite funny also, but I don't see the need for a base as like any dysfunctional criminal a base is just to shit and sleep in. Lol
Ironically the only GTA game I never finished was Sant Andreas. Going back and forward into rival gang territory and defending your own, was just tedious. What I mean about the lack of story, is is could be Any game your playing. The same missions could be in mass effect? hunting weird alien shit. It's like the driving about in tanks, spaceships and using weird weapons just doesn't allow the player to connect to the game. It's pure sandbox, bot too much sandbox. When you have done a lot of moves, attacks and used weapons, it becomes quite desensitised. There's nothing to look forward to it doesn't build up any more. You see what I mean?
Take Just Cause 2 for eg, it has such a varied island and a ton of stuff you can do. In many,many ways its the same as SR3. But it allows the player a lot more to do and keep it in context. Liberating areas (gangland) whilst earning upgrade points for weapons cars, vehicles and yourself. You kinda see more of what you earn in just cause. Besides using the grappling hook is like no other game! Hang out of helicopters attach it to cars lift them up and drop them like bombs on enemy bases! Grapple onto roofs of jet liners, then jump into the cockpits and commandeer them. It truly is king from that perspective.

Anyway, cheers for keeping it civil. The main thing is we enjoy our games and have a different point of view, which is what we should have.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" it becomes quite desensitised. There's nothing to look forward to it doesn't build up any more. You see what I mean? "

I understand. I finished SR3 and I am just running around naked doing streaking or some dumb shit. BUT unlike in GTA IV, in SR you do get new weapons and new vehicles as you progress. You are also becoming indestructible (which can be either fun or dull) and side missions or mini games become a lot more challenging to do (not that you will die, you won't, you will just start over). What anoys me in GTA IV is how easily you die. You get swarmed, your body armor wears down and you die and loose everything, then you have to go to gun shop and so on. You can't really truly unleash mayhem unless you use cheats. Imo, it's still fun but not AS fun as in SR. Also, you don't get anything new in GTA IV as you progress. You have your ak47 or m16, your rocket launcher and that's it, from 20% to 100% of the game. Not so in SR. Like I said, in some of your cribs you have helipads and you can jump into assault chopper and go take out gangs or police or just do base jumping or idk, whatever. If you die, you go back to crib, take another chopper and have some more fun Smile You can also buy airfield and fly planes whenever you want, thou they are a bit tricky to have fun with or I just plain suck at it Razz

As for Just Cause 2, I tried it (again) last night, I just don't get that game. I spent all my money on Rico's signature gun, I ran out of ammo and now I cant use it or find ammo for it and can't afford another one :S And everything on the island wants you dead?! You have like ZERO downtime and you are soo easily gunned down. I just don't get that game, idk what I should be doing or how should i be doing it. I spend my ammo destroying tanks to cause chaos, then military comes and....sometimes I can escape, sometimes I can get near their vehicle to steal it, sometimes i can hijack their chopper, sometimes I can't although it's the same damn chopper as before. Weird and not very appealing to me.

"Hang out of helicopters attach it to cars lift them up and drop them like bombs on enemy bases! Grapple onto roofs of jet liners, then jump into the cockpits and commandeer them. It truly is king from that perspective. "

Yea, sounds fun but I have no idea how that all works or how to do that. I know how to hook two objects but I don't know what do with that. Sounds very complicated.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you call in the 'arms dealer' by aiming at the (clear-ish) ground, press 4 then E, select weapons, vehicles etc. you can then get the signature weapon dropped again and resupply grenades etc. You can only pick up ammo from generic weapons that the enemy use. MG,pistols,Assault rifles and the like. If you select his signature weapon in the drop you'll get it again. You can always get vehicles delivered this way, you earn money by obviously liberating strongholds and collecting flashing boxes and killing enemy vehicles and soldiers.

You also use the arms dealer to go back to locations your still trying to complete. Select 'Extraction' on the menu as per above 4 then E, you will parachute in
Cool Just select location on map you've visited.

Use the grapple hook to keep you airborne in the chute. Aim at the ground and it will pull you along just aim slightly upwards with the chute controls (dab S) at the same time. with practice you can cover miles and miles this way. Aim at vehicles; F and when it locks on to it, close your chute; spacebar. DO the same for helicopters aim till it flashes to lock and it wil propel you up to it, then use E to enter cockpit fighting mode QTEvents Q,E etc. or just to get in a car. You can hang off the sides whilst some AI drives the vehicle, aim at Tyres of enem cars and they loose control rapidly attach the grappling hook to enemy cars and hook them to the ground,trees or other vehicles and they will be catapulted over bridges into each other and on, and on. It's fun!!

To lift a vehicle with the helo. Land it near a vehicle, aim at it with the F key attach it then keep it held and aim at a car. Jump in helo but lift it slowly as it models weight. it will swing like hell! But you get used to it. It can even snap if you pull too quickly. When over target or whatever, press F and it will drop it.

Ive even used the helo to carry a fav fast car to a location and drop it on ground, land the helo and jump in the car to complete a mission.

You can attach propane gas tanks to enemy and shoot the propane and it will launch them into the air! there's tons more to do. i spend hours messing about before doing missions. Remember, you are earning money etc by messing about destroying wind farms and any enemy property.

Here's a list of Just Cause 2 keys for reference.
http://www.allgame.com/game.php?id=62990&tab=controls
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks for reply but liberating outpost nets me ~15k $ and ricos gun costs 30k, decent vehicle is 50+ K I just cant afford the fun it seems. and QTE sometimes works, sometimes pressing "E" while grappled on the chopper does nothing and I loose almost all my hp just grappling to it bcs I take bullets. Killing stuff doesnt give me money, just heat. It's kinda tedious and feels like work, a lot of it. I don't mind dying it's just annoying bcs when you do die and come back you have to kill everyone again. And you dont respawn with full ammo, they do.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go, I'm sitting with about 756,000 in earnings. I just piss about in an area until I get the heat up to about 2-3 then grab an enemy chopper, kill the crew use it to wipe out any other choppers that attack, than hightail it out the zone (remember its zones like SR3) once out the zone the heat just drops back to zero. On the first heat it's just bikes and jeeps. Pretty easy stuff to get money in.
Pickup weapons that the enemy drop when you kill them. The sig weapons are good for big stuff but you'll use standard stuff that you can upgrade via the weapons screen. I spend 99% time with standard weapons using C4 and grenades on big stuff (C4 stick to anything you throw at it) use vehicles to sideswipe enemy trucks, bikes into trees buildings. To be honest I find it a blast and pretty easy. But I've had years of carmageddon training! Lol
Fav when getting chased is to aim your vehicle off a cliff or high fall and just press space bar and parachute off. They just go over and die. Pickup and transportation is free if I remember. So just go back when ready again. There's tons of areas with no heat and plenty of flashing silver boxes to collect for upgrades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: