Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Sony Shutting Down Game Servers [35531]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Sony Shutting Down Game Servers [35531] Reply with quote

sooner than later. Today, Sony rather cryptically revealed on Twitter that the online servers for SOCOM Confrontation, SOCOM 4, and MAG will be shut down early in 2014. SOCOM Confrontation was released for PS3 in 2008, while MAG was released in 2010 and SOCOM 4 was closed in 2011. We assume that the games that are not

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Shitty Sony, giving you something and taking it away.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never even heard about those titles, let alone someone playing them.
So, I guess they do Planet Earth a favour by saving that energy for something else...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
So, I guess they do Planet Earth a favour by saving that energy for something else...

Yeah, it's going into powering 'the all seeing kinect eye'. Laughing

EA close servers every week, just about, sooo what. The SOCOM series is positively ancient! I don't even know why this is even news??

Have a google at the paranoia surrounding closing the Xbox 360 servers.
Its about moving on. No shit sherlock.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

If you don't know those titles you shouldn't call yourself a gamer. These are exclusive Sony titles and you don't know them?! Greatest Hits! What a fucking joke you are Csimbi but thanks for proving it once again.

Stumpus wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

EA close servers every week, just about, sooo what. The SOCOM series is positively ancient! I don't even know why this is even news??

EA is shit, but at least you know how Sony relates to that. Just telling of what will happen to your online PS3 titles. Sony will pull plug in favour of PS4.

That's right, if you got a PS3 and you have an online game, good fucking luck getting any support come the PS4. Either you front the money for a new console, or Fuck Off. That's Sony's way.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

If you don't know those titles you shouldn't call yourself a gamer. These are exclusive Sony titles and you don't know them?! Greatest Hits! What a fucking joke you are Csimbi but thanks for proving it once again.

Stumpus wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

EA is shit, but at least you know how Sony relates to that. Just telling of what will happen to your online PS3 titles. Sony will pull plug in favour of PS4.

That's right, if you got a PS3 and you have an online game, good fucking luck getting any support come the PS4. Either you front the money for a new console, or Fuck Off. That's Sony's way.

I never said I was a gamer, and I don't need to prove anything to you.
If you need to know, first and foremost, I am a dad. Second, I am a husband, then an employee and so on. Gaming comes pretty much last, when I have the time.
Gamers die with a controlled in their hands. I am not one of those, so what's the big deal?
If something's bothering you, why don't you go and beat on a sandbag instead of picking on people?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Tom wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

Stumpus wrote:
Csimbi wrote:

I never said I was a gamer, and I don't need to prove anything to you.
If you need to know, first and foremost, I am a dad. Second, I am a husband, then an employee and so on. Gaming comes pretty much last, when I have the time.
Gamers die with a controlled in their hands. I am not one of those, so what's the big deal?
If something's bothering you, why don't you go and beat on a sandbag instead of picking on people?

It doesn't sink in with Tom. I've even told him to go and kick the dog, cause that's his mentality. Got to win any debate, even when he's completely off his head spouting verbal diarrhoea and not even talking on subject. I'm exactly with you. Gaming is just that; fun! Own and play what you want. It doesn't pay the bills and I certainly don't have an affiliation with any company. Although, again, Tom can't shut the hell up about the fact Sony sold his soul to the devil, kidnapped his family etc,etc. oh, they removed the ability to have a second OS. End of the world, I know..... So, this is why Tom is irreparable.
I don't like M$ and never will, they proved how two faced they are by again turning the Xbox completely on its head because it was getting hammered by the ps4. But I also like to compare the good and bad points of all things games, hardware inc consoles.
As you say, if you have nothing to add to a conversation, then stay out of it and show maturity- fat chance with Tom. Plenty of people can be very contructive and that's good.
Anyway, on with life.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: