Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Will the NSA use the Xbox One to spy? [35528]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Will the NSA use the Xbox One to spy? [35528] Reply with quote

Not unlike Kinect, Skype had assured its users that uot;wiretaps were
technically impossibleuot; the company told CNET in 2008. And four years
later, when hackers accused Skype owner Microsoft of changing the to facilitate government eavesdropping, the company
categorically denied the accusations. Now, it seem

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Fluffybutt
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple answer:

When you finish playing, pull the bloody power cord out of the wall socket (or use the switch, morons!)..

Is it so hard to understand? It might be always on.. but, unless Microshit has made free air-power al la Tesla, then just switch it off at the wall!

*shakes head at all the fuss*
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fluffybutt wrote:
Simple answer:

When you finish playing, pull the bloody power cord out of the wall socket (or use the switch, morons!)..

Is it so hard to understand? It might be always on.. but, unless Microshit has made free air-power al la Tesla, then just switch it off at the wall!

*shakes head at all the fuss*

Very true, if your from that generation. There's millions of people that get palpitations at the mere thought of turning their mobile phones off! I know of plenty people that keep their phones on all the time for twitter,Facebook, email and texts. They use them as alarms under their pillows. Me? its off at the end of the day and blockers put in place when I'm on holiday so nobody can contact me.
People leave tvs, consoles in standby just because that's all they know. Download latest demos,games news whilst in standby. Why do you think the Xbox one80 was initially a connect once per day console? They all do it... M$ know that. Besides the fact that all the hardware combined in your house is consuming electricity for the utility companies benefits, not your own. Then people's bills go up and they wonder why?
So why not utilise the fact that M$ can collect user data? If your that stupid enough to buy it knowing the kinect can't be ripped out or turned off, then tough. It's open to abuse of all kinds. I certainly don't like the fact I would have, essentially a CCTV camera in my living room when its on playing games that don't support it.
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't like Microsoft and I certainly don't trust the federal government, let's not forget that the Guardian is the British version of the National Enquirer. They've been known to get their facts wrong from time to time... by which I mean not a day passes that don't publish some un-researched sensationalist garbage.

Still, no cameras for me, thanks.
Koogle
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the NSA use the Xbox One to spy?

Yes

Nazi SPYING agency
Mantrhax
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Live Playstation 4
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSA will use anything to spy on you, so no surprise here.
A more interesting question would be: would hackers be able to spy on you as well - and plan a robbery or sell the info for the mafia?
But I am not worried because I ain't getting one.
Fluffybutt
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK..

This is the "always on" generation - people are almost scared to turn things off.

(yes, I'm a dinosaur.. My phone is a Nokia 3310.. and it goes nowhere with me).

So.. we all agree the NSA will be using the thing to spy..

Next answer:

After you finish playing, to weird things, deliberately.

Sit there masturbating with a bread roll, sit upside down in the chair, flash your anus at the camera for 10 minutes, flash your bell-end or your puss-flaps right in the camera..

Get REALLY freaky - overload their storage with so much chaos that they won't know what's normal and what's deviant!!

Hehehehe - play their own game..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: