Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Total War: Rome II - The Battle of the Nile Video [35501]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Total War: Rome II - The Battle of the Nile Video [35501] Reply with quote

The developers will take you through the historic Battle of the Nile from the Roman perspective. The 15-minute video offer some background on the various units and the reasoning behind the strategies--something to keep in mind when faced with the same challenge once the game comes out for PC on September 3.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing how this improves appreciably on the first Rome:TW game. Yes, it's prettier... but when you spend most of your game time zoomed out, frantically fence-capturing units and clicking them off to hither and yon, pretty is irrelevant.

I'd much rather see a TW game set in the US Civil War -- or better yet, the European pike-and-shot era. That's a very fascinating era of military history that is under-represented (to put it mildly) in gaming. If they can do not one but TWO games set in something as utterly obscure as the endless, yawn-inducing clan wars of pre-Meiji Restoration Japan, I see no reason they can't give some time to the Thirty Years War.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also noticed the stupid AI that has persisted for ever and a day, in that video. When you are being attacked by several tons of elephant- that you can't visually miss!- why do they still stand there and be 'run over' from the side? No attempt at preservation and to deal with a very serious threat to your well being.... Having nearly owned and played the whole TW series from release, when I bought Empire I initially loved it, then it started jumping -as it does, all over world. I got rapidly bored with the huge management of settlements and seas. To be honest, it's just got far too time consuming and way to big to be enjoyable in doses. Armies need an interface like ArmA, whereby you can issue orders from the task bar or better still, map. *without* clicking constantly like a manic chicken! As much as zooming in out annoyed you, I hated jumping across to continents then back again. Too big for its own good. Rome and MTW 2 are my all time favs.
They need a complete overhaul of the control system before I'm lured back, don't care about future wars etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: