Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Next Generation EA Games to Cost $80 !! [35494]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Next Generation EA Games to Cost $80 !! [35494] Reply with quote

UK retailer GAME's official PS4 FAQ page has recently leaked and confirmed, that next generation EA games will cost gamers £54.99 (roughly $80 USD)!

How much will PlayStation 4 games cost?

At present, the only publisher to confirm costs of their next generation games are EA, attaching a price of &po

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't like it, don't buy them. Simple as that.

I'm sure Stumpus can justify it since the PS4 is so awesome. Rolling Eyes
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EA did not release any game worth having lately - well, from my perspective at least - and I don't expect that to change.
I am guessing I am not alone with such opinion and EA knows that too, so in order to get the revenue the shareholders want to see, they need to raise their prices.
So, I see no surprise here. But, I do think it's not the right thing to do in order to get the revenues up.
The average gamer has no money, so instead of getting 4 games per year he'll be getting only 2 - and perhaps pirate the other two.

Last edited by Csimbi on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh lol. EA shot themselves in the foot again.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will explain why LoveFilm has binned game rentals after August. They will no longer rent games and are concentrating on films and streaming. The license is obviously horrendous.
I expect this to filter right through the gaming sector. PC games will no doubt be crazy priced, due to inflation. Any excuse to justify....

PS4 games are priced at £55 on amazon
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_3_3/279-6257785-7532124?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=ps4+games&sprefix=Ps4%2Caps%2C258

This isn't going to work, especially as the worlds largest games renter is no longer renting. Sigh.....

What's the point of reducing console prices when the games are £15 more than ps3 or Eggbox 360?? I'll be getting watchdogs on PC it's half the price! Pricks. Is this publishers or devs responsible for games prices?

Eggbox one80 is £55 too.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inflation? lol
Prices have been increasing constantly with the inflation so far, so inflation cannot be used to explain such sudden jump.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Inflation? lol
Prices have been increasing constantly with the inflation so far, so inflation cannot be used to explain such sudden jump.

You missed the sarcasm in my post.....
zarlin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

I'm sure Stumpus can justify it since the PS4 is so awesome. Rolling Eyes

that Little frase is why we today have " Pay to win games" filled with all kind of shit beyond the game , People used that excuse when the " Horse armor" first came , and that started the hole shee bang , The drug dealers ( Game compagnies ) know there are zombies out there WHO can't resist the " Give me all NOW , because i don't have time to play "

It's just so easy to say " Don't like it, don't buy them. Simple as that.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with that. You want next gen graphics for the same price...its like choosing between 2 dentists, one who is high tech and more expensive or a cheaper one with old school tools...which one do you prefer?
Kompressor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what their plan is, they're going to sell the game initially for $79.99 and all the hardcore gamers are going to pay it. Then after they weed out all of the suckers and sales start to drop, they will then drop the price. The more time that passes, the more the price will drop or the more sales will come along.

So if you really want one of their crap games, don't buy it right away unless you can't wait.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Csimbi wrote:
Inflation? lol

You missed the sarcasm in my post.....

Indeed.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genoism wrote:
Nothing wrong with that. You want next gen graphics for the same price...its like choosing between 2 dentists, one who is high tech and more expensive or a cheaper one with old school tools...which one do you prefer?

Problem is, we don't have a choice between a high-tech and a normal version, do we? I, for one, don't mind lesser graphics - they are far ahead the "console quality" anyway. Graphics are important, but only to some extent.

Kompressor wrote:
I think what their plan is, they're going to sell the game initially for $79.99 and all the hardcore gamers are going to pay it. Then after they weed out all of the suckers and sales start to drop, they will then drop the price. The more time that passes, the more the price will drop or the more sales will come along.

So if you really want one of their crap games, don't buy it right away unless you can't wait.

Yeah, problem is, prices fall when they're old - in game terms - and by then, they're dated and there are more interesting titles out there that are worth paying for. They're going to lose more than they gain on this.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:

Problem is, we don't have a choice between a high-tech and a normal version, do we? I, for one, don't mind lesser graphics - they are far ahead the "console quality" anyway. Graphics are important, but only to some extent..

Really you don't have a choice? You must not have seen many dentists out there. I generally like to try out different dentists....so far it's been between the one that uses a little flashlight and scrapping tool to clean my gums with this freaking monster of an xray machine to this awesome dentist that has like 5 lcd's spread out over the ceilings with a camera on all her tools. You can see the inside of your mouth as she's cleaning it. Her tools give so much more information to you AND her on hard to see area's. The xray machine is tiny, the tools not so painful...etc....

So yeah, you do have a choice.

Same for games you have your console quality games and you have your kongregate/facebook/greenlight games....and somewhere in between you have steam and its similar competitors. So yes you do have choices with a huge price range.

And frankly inflation has been rising for quite some time but game prices have mostly been stable. But you know what, those developers want to make a living too. You can't make a $60 game for 5 years in a row and expect that inflation won't affect your living. Developers need a life too.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which game has been released in parts (where you have a choice)?
None. Skyrim offers a HD pack, for free - but those capable of using them paid for their machines.
So, your dentist comparison is just plain wrong.

Do you seriously believe that if game prices go up, developers get a better pay? If you do, the means that you either very naive or you nothing about how this industry actually works.
Genoism
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
Which game has been released in parts (where you have a choice)?
None. Skyrim offers a HD pack, for free - but those capable of using them paid for their machines.
So, your dentist comparison is just plain wrong.

Do you seriously believe that if game prices go up, developers get a better pay? If you do, the means that you either very naive or you nothing about how this industry actually works.

I've worked in the industry for 6 years before I got burned out by the constant low pay. So you know what - I know how the industry works a lot better than you do. I also know that studios need to higher more artists for higher quality games. Did you really think that the same 3 artists who make a game in 2010 are going to be able to keep up with the quality expected of them for the next gen consoles? Really? Even if pay for artists doesn't rise from this - the cost having needing more people does.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: