Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Microsoft: If you have no internet, get an Xbox 360 [35339]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Microsoft: If you have no internet, get an Xbox 360 [35339] Reply with quote

Microsoft's head of Xbox, Don Mattrick, has come out an suggested that the Xbox 360, Microsoft's seven-year-old game console, is a suitable replacement for the Xbox One when you don't have an internet connection. Specifically, to Spike TV he said: uot;...fortunately we have a product for people who aren't able to get

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're fucked on a nuclear sub with the Eggbox 360, where do you find the room to swing your arms with kinect? Laughing

Btw, I like M$ forward thinking...... Rolling Eyes
spectra9
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the 360. I have relatively stable and fast internet. I won't be getting the Eggbox1. Ask me why M$ :p
Kompressor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't have Internet, then you have bigger problems.

BTW, Eggbox 360? What is this, kindergarten?
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PS4 has used games, has no issues with lending games and requires no Internet connection to play single-player games. It's also $399 vs $499.

Microsoft couldn't have shot themselves in the foot harder if they had tried, because the only people who'll pay $499 are hardcore gamers, not home-TV-box-buyers - and the hardcore gamers all hate the One with a burning passion already thanks to Microsoft's arrogance and consumer hostile policies.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You go and buy yourself a PS4 fella. Enjoy it until Sony starts changing the rules on how you use it. They did it before, they'll do it again. Once a sucker always a sucker. That's a Sony customer.

Microsoft lays the law out in front of you, Sony changes it after you buy it. If you want to argue that then you are clueless.

Comparing Windows 8 to Xbox? Wow.. talk about grasping at straws.
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
You go and buy yourself a PS4 fella. Enjoy it until Sony starts changing the rules on how you use it. They did it before, they'll do it again. Once a sucker always a sucker. That's a Sony customer.

Microsoft lays the law out in front of you, Sony changes it after you buy it. If you want to argue that then you are clueless.

I couldn't agree more. Sony are playing a marketing game. "Don't like MS rules on the Xbone? Buy our console, you can trade games and don't need an internet connection!"

They have already said they would leave things like not being able to resell games and internet requirements to the publishers. That way when games need to phone home every few hours and your games all come with an activation code that is bound to your console so you can't sell it without buying a new code at nearly full price they can blame the publishers. It will start getting phased in a few months after launch when everybody has been suckered into buying it and can't do anything about it. Just like they did with "Other OS".

Both companies want the second hand market dead as they believe every second hand purchase is a lost new sale at full price. Just like that exec who didn't see the fuss about always online they have so much money things have no actual value to them. They think you must be some kind of freak if you can't afford broadband and a few games every month.
Majnun

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't even consider buying one for $399 anyway.

By the time it's price has dropped I'm sure it'll be clear what the PS4's real restrictions are and I can decide based on that rather than marketing BS.

So far I've seen maybe 3 games on either system that won't be immediately coming to the PC as well. Just not that impressed with either one really. If anything I'll just get a PS3 when they drop to $100 and finally get to play those games.

Looks like this generation of consoles is all about saving me a buncha money!

Last edited by Majnun on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:

Comparing Windows 8 to Xbox? Wow.. talk about grasping at straws.

I think you'll find you've got your wires crossed.. It's M$ that has been continually moving the goalposts in this whole debacle. No you don't need Internet to play games.. Then it's; you must connect once in 24hrs. Yes you can trade secondhand games, then it's; to a friend, ONCE. Or one of our participating -signed up fake, we are nothing to do with M$- retailers.
Sure they've told it as it is, and you'd be an absolute idiot to buy one under those stipulations.
Besides most of the garbage they have spouted about tv etc are bloody well only applicable to specific regions, certainly not outside the US, as usual with M$. Sure cant wait to spend nearly $100 of the consoles cost on a stupid gimmick kinect, that you have no option to NOT own with the bloody console! Not. Lets sell it on eBay?.....erm, everyone's got one to sell.... Dont give a shit about ps eye, these are aimed at a younger market- like kinect (except M$, who thinks everyone should look like a recluse and a sad case, waving their arms about talking to their tv, so you're buying it in the price regardless) Win8 whatever, it has a win based OS in it that somewhere down the line will -scrapping the barrel- be on smart glass etc. anything to make rubbish sound soooo appetising. Once bought, suckered by M$. There's lots more to come from M$, no doubt, just sign the check and leave it blank.

You've still got to add a years Live! To that as well, or pay more quarterly... It sure gets better, unless of course the parents are buying. Then it's them who get screwed

As the saying goes; if you can't baffle them with science, dazzle them with bullshit!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Stumpus on this one.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Sony and MS are both multi billion dollar companies and go back on their word. MS was disingenuous prior to E3 and even at E3 and wouldn't give you straight answers. I don't know how you've come to the conclusion that they're straight shooters. Top this all off Xbox Live which you have to pay for to use services like your own internet not to mention other paid subscriptions like netflix and the like. How is that not double dipping and being shady? You have to be mentally challenged to pay extra to use what you already have which is what 360 owners apparently are.

Sony isn't any better either. They routinely try to shove proprietary shit down our throats so all roads lead to them. Sony had rootkit and otherOS and even PSN hacking issues with the PS3. Let's not forget they went into left field and made the PS3 which was six hundred bucks at release.

They both suck and have a bad history but right now Sony is the lesser of two evils at this point.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just leave these two over here...:

http://abload.de/img/xbonereqqdj.png
http://i.imgur.com/eX7F7kS.jpg
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, M$ new EUA. book booty
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
I'll just leave these two over here...:

http://abload.de/img/xbonereqqdj.png
http://i.imgur.com/eX7F7kS.jpg

priceless, the arrogance of M$. Do any of them know what they are doing internaly? Sounds like they have employed EA rejects.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: