Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

EVE Online Based TV Series and Comic Coming [35091]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: EVE Online Based TV Series and Comic Coming [35091] Reply with quote

Icelandic video game developer CCP Games plans to bring the science-fiction universe of EVE Online, the massively multiplayer online role-playing game, to television using stories written by some of the game's more than 500,000 subscribers. CCP Games announced the news on Eve Online's Facebook page in a post saying the

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mittani sends his regards.
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always liked the lore and fluff of EVE, so a well-produced TV series might actually work. I started playing in 2003. Stopped in 2011, when the game became completely flooded with griefers, gankers, and other sub-human forms of life, (goonswarm, for example).

Such a beautiful online universe. Too bad the developer actively encourages sociopathic behavior as "gameplay." I think they'd find there'd be a lot of interest in a PVE-only server, but they're so tied up with the idea of open PVP they can't see it.
El_Coyote
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha a pve only server would die a slow death, due to no resources being lost in pvp. No one would need new ships which would grind production and mineral sales to a minimum.
Lithari
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El_Coyote wrote:
haha a pve only server would die a slow death, due to no resources being lost in pvp. No one would need new ships which would grind production and mineral sales to a minimum.

I personally found pvp to be rather predictable to the point of me never losing anything, I learnt that the new generation of pvp tend to think about nothing more then winning, they don't care how they win, as long as its within the games' rules, so if its a fight that they can never lose, its all the same to them, a win is a win.

I would have loved this game if it had a pve server with more pve oriented content, instead of the snorefest that its become now-a-days, pvp can be fun and interesting, when its a fair fight, but players now-a-days just think about the win, losing is not acceptable, if they lose, they cry, if they win, they rub it in.

It just got boring to play with childish morons, so I moved on to other games like swtor or star trek online, the pve on there don't rub it in or cry like babies when they win or lose.

Seeing a Eve Online based tv series sounds interesting, but I doubt I will ever go back to that nightmare of a game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: