Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PS4 & X720 are 3x slower than the GeForce Titan [34917]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: PS4 & X720 are 3x slower than the GeForce Titan [34917] Reply with quote

Nvidia has revealed at this year's GDC that PS4 and X720 are 3x slower than its GeForce Titan card. Nvidia has also released a slide that compares PCs with consoles.(courtesy of 4Gamer). As you can clearly see, at its time of release, Xbox was more advanced than any GPU that was available during that time. When X

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck me, it's £800! That's just for a graphics card and NOTHING else pertaining to hardware. Which is about a such use as a chocolate fire guard.
Or in another comparison; I could buy nearly 4 GTX 660TIs which I wouldn't dream of doing..... 30fps more than GTX680. Pah, why isn't it like 100fps more relative to cost?
I always fail to understand why we have this fixation with penis extensions? I'm more concerned with real world issues, cost of games, online/offline etc.
So frigging what about the Titan, it also highlights 99% of pcs are just as inadequate as the upcoming ps4/Eggbox, when compaired to it... And that 99% of PC owners can't and won't spend £800 on just a pathetic boost that that card produces.. Same old shit every six months..
djnforce9
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Typical new card price. Reply with quote

It is fairly typical for a brand new card on the market to have a ridiculous entry price point. Not to mention that there is no game out there that really requires that amount of power (yet) so for now, it's ideal for benchmarking and what not. Personally, I'd say skip it if you don't really need to upgrade as we'll probably hit Directx12 eventually and with that, a brand new line of cards.

I have a GTX680 and not even THAT is close to being maxed out with current games yet and I'm sure it is also far more powerful than the 720/PS4's GPU.

I guess new consoles will still be lagging behind in hardware when compared to PC's because there is no way to make a low cost hardware solution match high end PC hardware. Obviously this was not the case back in 2005 and earlier where video cards just weren't that strong yet. Now they've really been developing rapidly over the years. I also think it's safe to say that the 360/PS3 have been considered "current gen" for waaaay too long now and PC just blew past it with further progress.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how its always been guys. console doesn't need a shit hot video card. and PC doesn't need a new video card. today a 560 or a 660 is all you need and it will play today and tomorrows games. I don't even follow video card innovation anymore because other than showing me fancy CGI demos with them their power is never truly utilized in any games. Look at new BioShock is nothing fantastic like in vids its a 3 or 4 year old game dressed up a little bit. look at cut scenes you got chicks with octagonal tits.. is that great gfx? to me that's shit. my 560 is fine and a 660 is more than you need today unless you are fortunate to have greater than 1920x1080. as for concole, great, console is console. its the quick ticket to easy gaming with lots of people to play with. its not about having shit hot gfx. Thats what PC was supposed to be about, it just never did and probably never will.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got serious problems with Bioshock Infinite trying to slow the bugger down! I have the settings maxed out and my card all topped out and it's just far to responsive. Mouse settings are one off bottom (bottom is far too sluggish for anything) I agree it isn't write home graphics, but its a brilliant story/game.... So far.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished playing it.... lol! It had me stuck on my PC for a whole day.

It's a cool story, keeps you in it all time but the end was like .... Lost Laughing hahaha

Never the less, this is one of the best and most well made games ive played for a long time. They put a lot of work in the story and the atmosphere. As of textures or animations or props.... well, its not 2013 but it is a lot of content they made in this game!

And one thing i can't understand is what was all the fuzz about the gameplay ?
I didnt see anything new in Infinite, anything new for the genre Rolling Eyes All those reviews and hype was obviously an PR stunt or something....
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total piece of shit. Clearly your guys standards are way less than mine. This Bioshock game was the biggest piece of shit I've ever played. I should have known better when Stumpus said FC3 was good. Total boring hunk of shit, no better than the last one. Never again am I going to buy into this BioCOCK crap frachise. Can't believe I paid $60 for this piece of shit. There is not one aspect of this game I can say is any good beyond the menu system that probably has the most work done to it. This is an old game in literally every sense. The gfx are subpar and most of the things like hacking and stuff you would have enjoyed in previous games is gone. Shit no, now it just dumps a few coins on the floor and that's it. The sound is shit too. 5.1 digital surround at home and yet it matters where you are standing during dialogue because unless you directly face the scene you can hardly hear a thing. It's a consolized hunk of shit made for people who don't care to think when they play a game. Probably my experience was worse since I played the game in Hard mode but none the less, I feel absolutely ripped off and totally turned off of Bioshock now.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah of course Tom, your standards are waaaaay higher than ours. And like everything in life, YOU make your shitty decision not us! Moron....
For fucks sake can you not make your own decisions in life? Instead you've got to apportion the blame to everyone else, even when you can't face up to the fact it was idiot YOU that bought it, not any of us.......FFS what a bloody moaning, immature, idiot.
You sound Like a typical 14year old, that is never happy. This coming from someone who thought Hitman absolution was a good game..... Or let's their bloody child play FC3. Yeah, your in a perfect position to judge other people.... NOT
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Yeah of course Tom, your standards are waaaaay higher than ours. And like everything in life, YOU make your shitty decision not us! Moron....
For fucks sake can you not make your own decisions in life? Instead you've got to apportion the blame to everyone else, even when you can't face up to the fact it was [censored] YOU that bought it, not any of us.......FFS what a bloody moaning, immature, [censored].
You sound Like a typical 14year old, that is never happy. This coming from someone who thought Hitman absolution was a good game..... Or let's their bloody child play FC3. Yeah, your in a perfect position to judge other people.... NOT

Dude seriously, if you feel Bioshock was good, you sir are funny. Lost it? Forget or whatever. Infinite ain't making it huge for nothing else than marketing and biased reviews much like your pitiful judgements. The game sucks. It's an unoptimized console port running on a engine known for great performance at high quality. If you think those Gfx are shit hot you are clearly losing your vision for one. Maybe you should go play the original Bioshock and notice the aspects of gameplay and then play Infinite. I think you forget what a REAL PC game should be. FFS Deus Ex was a better followup than this shit. Infinite is nothing but a shitty console port that can be played with a gamepad. If you can't see that you sir are a console gamer or daft. Your standards certainly seem to match your mentality. A little bit off.

You are very good at telling us we are 14, stupid or immature. I bet you're and old fart who sits outside on his porch reading his Sony Life Styles magazine smoking a pipe scratching his ass in a cool breeze. Yes, I can judge you, seen enough posts of yours over the years. Always the same thing, full of holes or just BS. How come you don't use your alias Koogle to post again? You know, like your bipolarness side?

P.S. I still play Absolution actually. While it's not a great followup, it is fun to compete with others for best time. It has re-playability. Infinite doesn't have that. Probably be some beta bullshit add-on like their last game, also nowhere near as good as the first one.

P.P.S. My son and I finished FC3. It was boring and repetitive and the AI sucked. I live in Canada, people don't walk around here with a guns hidden on them or defend the fact they need to carry a gun. No I live in a safer country called Canada with second language nobody cares about. Lots of parents let their kids play whatever, just most wont tell you. A smarter parent knows when to cut it off. His gameplay and post behaviours are very scrutinized. He also doesn't play on the PC all day. A few hours a day. He doesn't get any more violence or language that he doesn't get with TV or Youtube.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the game free with the 7950 purchase. Haven't played it and don't have the time yet. The first one was good and the second left me hanging somewhat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: