Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Half Life 2 Meets Doom In Garry's Mod Add-On [34910]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Half Life 2 Meets Doom In Garry's Mod Add-On [34910] Reply with quote

As its description reads, gmDoom is a partial source port of Doom integrated into Garry's Mod 13. Assets are loaded from an IWAD, and no binary modules are required.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

gmDoom FAQ:
Q: Why are there pink and black boxes everywhere?!
A: You didn’t install a DOOM IWAD, or you have installed it incorrectly. Please refer to the installation guide above.

Q: My framerate is really bad when I start a map! What’s wrong?
A: The game will slow down a bit for the first few seconds of a map. This is because graphics are being loaded from the DOOM IWAD. The maximum length of time per frame the game will spend trying to load textures is controlled with doom_cl_texwrite_timeout in the console. I’ll be looking for ways to speed this up.

Q: I see black squares after starting the map! What’s wrong?
A: Some of the textures haven’t loaded yet. They should be fine in a few seconds.

Q: The textures were fine, but something caused them to turn into black squares again! What do I do?
A: You can rebuild the textures with doom_cl_rebuild_textures in the console. If I can find a way to detect when this happens, I’ll have a solution that fixes this automatically.

Q: Everything is invisible! I can’t see any monsters or weapons, and the HUD doesn’t work either! What gives?
A: This happens when running Garry’s Mod in DirectX 8. You will need to run Garry’s Mod in DirectX 9 or higher for this addon to work correctly. I’ll try to find a fix, but I can’t guarantee I’ll be able to get it working.

Q: What is an IWAD?
A: An IWAD is a file containing all of the DOOM assets ( sprites, textures, sounds, music, maps, etc. ).

Q: Why do I have to install a stupid IWAD? Why can you just include the assets in the addon!?
A: It’s not legal for me to redistribute the game assets.

Q: How do I enable the DOOM HUD?
A: You can turn the DOOM HUD on and off with doom_cl_hud 1/0 in the console.

Q: How do I view the automap?
A: You can turn the automap on and off with doom_cl_map 1/0. The automap will not appear if you have not picked up the Computer Area Map item. The first time you turn on the map during a session, it may cause your game to freeze for a moment while it generates.

Q: How do I become Doomguy?
A: Doomguy is not ready yet.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat!

Apparently this guy has no clue how to use the BFG correctly...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: