Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Crysis 3 Performance Test: Graphics & CPU [34729]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Crysis 3 Performance Test: Graphics & CPU [34729] Reply with quote

The chaps over at TechSpot have tested and compared seventeen processors and seventeen graphics cards with the new Crysis 3 first-person shooter PC game. Here's an excerpt:

Well, we have good news and bad news: Crysis 3's visuals have far exceeded our expectations, but you won't be able to enjoy them on max wi

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew my GeForce 660TI would handle Crysis 3 no probs, 48fps. But I don't care, still not buying it. Lol
Reading reviews, people are saying its full of QTEs?? Why? Gorgeous graphics but sooooo linear and short.
Got to love this quote;

Quote:
You are a guy named "Prophet," who is the same guy that everyone thought you were for the bulk of Crysis 2, when you were actually a guy named "Alcatraz," though at the very end of that game you actually became Prophet anyway. (I know, right?)

WHY: Lovely graphics aside, Crysis 3 is a mostly mediocre shooter in which fancy visuals faintly disguise haphazard design and a lack of technical polish.
Crysis 3
Developer: Crytek
Platforms: PC (Reviewed), Xbox 360, PS3
Release Date: February 19

Type of game: Tactical first-person sci-fi shooter centered around a mixture of stealth and action.

What I played: Completed the single-player story in around 6-7 hours, replayed several hours' worth of levels on various difficulties. Played a couple hours of multiplayer and a couple hours of the Xbox 360 version. Replayed several chunks of Crysis 2 for comparison.

My Two Favorite Things

When it's pretty, it's damned pretty. In terms of razor-sharp fidelity and near-photorealistic vistas, this is easily one of the best-looking games you can currently play.
Multiplayer has a number of distinctive charms, particularly the fact that every player can become invisibile.
My Two Least-Favorite Things

The last chapter is a chore, the final boss is a mess, and the dénouement is laughable.
Enemy AI just can't keep up with the new, bigger environments, and humans and aliens both behave too erratically to be much fun to fight.
Made-to-Order Back-of-Box Quotes

"I didn't realize my PC could actually physically break a sweat."
-Kirk Hamilton, Kotaku.com
"Why would I ever use anything but this bow?"
"This is it: The mediocre game that screenshots will sell."

http://www.techspot.com/review/640-crysis-3/
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the 660ti/7950 w/ or w/o boost and they seem sort of over priced. There are some promos and deal and you can get them for close to $250 but would like to see them around the 200 range. They aren't quite there yet since most are still 280-300.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total piece of crap = Crysis 3. I wonder if the game was funded by nVidia and ATI to push suckers to go buy new video cards.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, depends on manufacturers. In the uk they are a bit more competitive. Pny is under £200. I bought EVGA for about £286, which is down to £220 at amazon.co.uk
I also got the standard model since EVGA come with overclocking suite as standard
http://www.evga.com/articles/00694/#Software
http://www.evga.com/articles/00694/
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Total piece of crap = Crysis 3. I wonder if the game was funded by nVidia and ATI to push suckers to go buy new video cards.

The PC has always been a hype machine since away back when 3dfx voodoo 2 cards shipped with special edition unreal tournament.
Of course the PC will always be the king of graphics but its the generations that just go on, and on about compairing a console with a PC and stating that its better than a console. Nope it's not, in the games department is where it matters. Gameplay has and always will be more important. Graphics are to justify you paying big money on your latest and greatest card and to listen to the devs brainwashing you..... As has been going on for decades. Idiots believe Crytec statement- a console can't beat what a PC can do. Yeah but we want a GAME not a fooking technology demo!!!! They sit they coooing at the graphics, playing with light sources and showing you vids but forget lose themselves up their arses when it comes to gameplay.....
Trouble is you pay several hundred to play a shit title on a PC graphics card alone, but nothing on a console since you already bought the graphics card and system in one go AND get the same shit gameplay that the PC gets. Lol
That's me owning a very good pc, that as I said, can play Crysis 3 no probs.
Who cares.......
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now the big thing pushing graphics cards and all that power are multi monitor setups. Couple years ago it was the 27-30" usually single setups and before that it was dualies usually 20-24" as I even had two 24" dell 2405fpws which were about the same cost as ips panels are today. Now it's korean ips panels or what's left of the 16:10 dell etc. panels with triple mounts. I have to be honest I'm considering doing a triple setup for the fov increase alone. Most of these games today I feel like I'm looking through a scope 99% of the time. Gives me headaches and annoys me to no end on fps.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never gonna do that. Ever. Total waste of money Baconnaise. Seen it and played on 3 x 27" Samsung LED's. It sucked, it lagged and just nothing more than a gimmick. I run with 2 screens now but one is more for the side/desktop view to watch tv while gaming.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
Right now the big thing pushing graphics cards and all that power are multi monitor setups. Couple years ago it was the 27-30" usually single setups and before that it was dualies usually 20-24" as I even had two 24" dell 2405fpws which were about the same cost as ips panels are today. Now it's korean ips panels or what's left of the 16:10 dell etc. panels with triple mounts. I have to be honest I'm considering doing a triple setup for the fov increase alone. Most of these games today I feel like I'm looking through a scope 99% of the time. Gives me headaches and annoys me to no end on fps.

That's of course if the game supports multi monitor. Its not like its out the box with all games? There's no way I can justify gaming with three monitors! Don't care how good games are, that's just crazy. I know what you mean about fov being like splinter cell snake can. Funny how 3D gives a better peripheral vision, which let's face it; 3 screens isn't realistic since we turn our heads. Trackir is a realistic solution. Of course you can open maps on one screen etc. I've got two 24" but £700 for 3 monitors is just nuts, 2 would sit there doing nothing apart from the odd game.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm perfectly fine with what I have and doubt I'll be allowed to do it but I can dream. I'd need some more beef in the gfx card department to run those. The catch is as you guys said it only really works with some games Sad.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: