Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Windows 8 adoption at 2.79% [34735]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Windows 8 adoption at 2.79% [34735] Reply with quote

Intel: ARM Chips Are Propellers, We Build Jet Engines - Intel
currently trails ARM Holdings Plc's coalition of chipmakers in the
mobile chip market, with the ARM alliance owning over 95 percent of
smartphone and tablet processor sales by volume.  At the 2013
Mobile World Congress, Intel is trying dif

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a friends that installed pirated Win 8 and then switched back to 7...
Its that bad and come to think about it they will slowly force it upon people...... Games and soft Rolling Eyes
heretic
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Its that bad and come to think about it they will slowly force it upon people...... Games and soft Rolling Eyes

Sadly people have no choice. All new computers here have Windows 8 preinstalled Sad
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seagate to Discontinue 7200rpm 2.5inch Drives

No surprise here. SSDs are superior is speed and they're not that expensive anymore -> slow HDDs will remain the main platform for massive storage however. SSDs are unlikely to grow into 4TBs any soon.

heretic wrote:
tride wrote:

Sadly people have no choice. All new computers here have Windows 8 preinstalled Sad

Wrong: Don't buy crap. Without demand, it will just wither and die.

Anyone I talked to switched from 8 back to 7. People don't want it even if it was free. 8 is a sad PoS attempt to bring desktop and mobile together. I can only hope MS learns a lesson here.

Quote:
Cablevision Disconnects Persistent Pirates for 24 Hours

What's a persistent pirate, lol
The neighbour kid comes over to play with my kids and when noone is watching he changes the WiFi config so he could pirate stuff via my internet connection? Or would that be me?

Quote:
China shuts down 225 websites

Only 225? A drop in the sea. By the time they get to the next 250, 500 will have opened.

Quote:
Firefox OS phones to debut in 2013, no US launch until 2014

I don't see the point in these devices - they won't be competitive. They might hit a sweet spot but for a small market however.

Quote:
Hacker Reveals Facebook Flaw That Exposed Private Information

Is there anyone left on Facebook? I guess people don't read or they're not concerned about their privacy until the s**t hits the fan.

Quote:
Invisibility Cloak Demoed at TED2013

Change the background (or move the camera) and I'll believe you, lol

Last edited by Csimbi on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 8 forcing me to use a rainlender theme from years ago is insulting. Tiles/shitty desktop aside it really doesn't offer anything over 7 anyways. They've removed some things from win8 which is confusing. Will they go a modular route and sell them like mce? Reduced bloat for specific systems? Unlikely but who cares. I'm close to throwing my parents on an expensive tablet or linux/android in general with an arm/atom based cheap solution.

I don't use facebook personally but the wife does still. She uses it mostly for chatting through messenger if at all. I think I have a google+ profile or something though by accident but haven't checked since I don't use gmail except for the play store login/youtube.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Said Windows 8 would be shit and it is shit. Touch screen on a home PC? Fucking stupid. On a laptop even that we have around that have touch screens, I don't even use. As for screens supporting touch, I can't even get a LCD in town here that is greater than 1920x1080 much less a fucking touch screen. I plan to stay with Win7 for a long time still and I really don't see games saying Win8. Essentially they are the same OS so whatever works on Win8 should work on Win7.

@Firefox phones, I said that in their thread when it first appeared and said, be prepared to lose money. Firefox phone wont compete with Android much less iPhone and I doubt it will even scratch BB sales. It's a desperate move by Firefox imo.

@Facebook, have never touched that crap. If I got a profile it's from my wife who made it to cheat farmville or something. I use Google+ at the very least.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what mozilla is doing but they've been around since netscape. The whole netbook chromeOS thing died awhile back. The mobile market if it changes will likely be because of something like ubuntu or windows phone. If google can take motorola and offer up a unified experience as sort of a standard while keeping the open ended nature I think they'll stay on top. They're just all over the place like always.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: