Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PC Is The Lead Platform For Watch Dogs [34706]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: PC Is The Lead Platform For Watch Dogs [34706] Reply with quote

In an interview with InsideGamer, Ubisoft's CEO confirmed that the PC is the lead platform for Watch Dogs and all other platforms will be getting a port from it. Here's a bit:

We expect fewer problems with porting games to the PS4 than the PS3, which had a completely different infrastructure. Previously, we develope

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally some proper PC games and if I judge from Far Cry 3 and Crysis 3 we are on the right track.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardware specs in PS4 and Xblock are actually a good news for PC. Ports are bound to be less crappy, at least in terms of performance. It will be interesting to see how PS4 will be utilized on hardware level and how much PC is actually "clogged" with OS and drivers and what not.
Kompressor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God! This is good news for everybody, PC and console.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are easily won over. Rolling Eyes I'll believe their bullshit when I see and/or read about their games.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Some people are easily won over. Rolling Eyes I'll believe their bullshit when I see and/or read about their games.

hehe Smile I am not won over, I just used logical deduction. PS4 has modern AMD GPU and CPU that is used in PC market as well. PS3 had cell CPU, rambus RAM and some nVidia tech that was used to buffer image transfer lol. Cell was doing most of the work. Porting something like that to PC had to be a pain in the ass.

Now they will probably just use OpenGL and/or some other methods that are still more or less common to PC as well (x86/x64 instructions etc)
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More to the point, it could be made in a chocolate factory, if the gameplay is garbage. Seen plenty exclusive pc titles in my day that are junk!
Just another route down the -over used- hyperbole canal...
Wait and see, as per usual. Yeah I'm cynical. Laughing
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
More to the point, it could be made in a chocolate factory, if the gameplay is garbage. Seen plenty exclusive pc titles in my day that are junk!

One must wonder are we, the "older" players, even fit to judge the new games? I also find majority of titles to be garbage in one way or the other, but younger folk disagree. Sigh. Maybe, to them, we just sound like a bunch of old grumpy people, like our grandparents sounded to us when they were telling us how much our music sucks?
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh you... You're just sayin' that 'cause you wanna get in my pants, Ubi!
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're partly correct gx. On one hand yes the target audience or younger market at times has grown accustomed to different things with gaming. This doesn't change the fact that many upon many titles were absolutely garbage. Older and wiser usually come hand in hand but not always of course. The older gamers have been burned by DLC not to mention have seen a virtual truckload of crap get pushed out even games from companies that no longer existed when it hit store shelves or digital distros.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Stumpus wrote:

One must wonder are we, the "older" players, even fit to judge the new games? I also find majority of titles to be garbage in one way or the other, but younger folk disagree. Sigh. Maybe, to them, we just sound like a bunch of old grumpy people, like our grandparents sounded to us when they were telling us how much our music sucks?

Shhhh.. Don't let everyone know Wink
I think the thrill of quality titles that we had in the goop old days, has substantially waned. Now it's wading through the junk to find the good that, before, used to be at the forefront of PC gaming. Now due to the graphics being the attention span grabber of generations today, the good is forgotten about and very,very tiresome to find to buy due to having to read many reviews to build up your own mental picture, before parting with cash.
Don't get me started on music Wink

I even have carmageddon on iPad and monkey, bloody, island. The equivalent of sitting with my Iiyama monitor from the 90s, in my lap at 1024x768 on a tablet, super retro or what? Cool
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
gx-x wrote:
Stumpus wrote:

Shhhh.. Don't let everyone know Wink
I think the thrill of quality titles that we had in the goop old days, has substantially waned. Now it's wading through the junk to find the good that, before, used to be at the forefront of PC gaming. Now due to the graphics being the attention span grabber of generations today, the good is forgotten about and very,very tiresome to find to buy due to having to read many reviews to build up your own mental picture, before parting with cash.
Don't get me started on music Wink

I even have carmageddon on iPad and monkey, bloody, island. The equivalent of sitting with my Iiyama monitor from the 90s, in my lap at 1024x768 on a tablet, super retro or what? Cool

everything....but that monitor was my dream at one point...stop it!
In Amillennialist Veritas
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Time filters out the dross Reply with quote

It could be that with time, games of lesser quality are forgotten, and all that remains are the classics (and classic failures).

(Sentimentality might also play a part in fond remembrance.)

It seems to me that it's easier today to avoid throwing money away on poorly-made games; in the past, I'd buy a game based on its packaging(!). Today, we have access to dozens of professional and user reviews and comments before we buy.

Being that today's PCs can run not only the latest and the greatest, but also twenty-year-old DOS games, we have the best of all worlds.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Time filters out the dross Reply with quote

In Amillennialist Veritas wrote:
It could be that with time, games of lesser quality are forgotten, and all that remains are the classics (and classic failures).

(Sentimentality might also play a part in fond remembrance.)

It seems to me that it's easier today to avoid throwing money away on poorly-made games; in the past, I'd buy a game based on its packaging(!). Today, we have access to dozens of professional and user reviews and comments before we buy.

Being that today's PCs can run not only the latest and the greatest, but also twenty-year-old DOS games, we have the best of all worlds.

Very true, which is why i still have my complete pc collection from over 20 years. I just couldn't let them go..ever. Sadly I only keep some boxes, purely cause I loved them for packaging (your perfect description) looking back, can you imagine some of those PC boxes on shelves today? I mean, Falcon 4 alone weighed in excess of 2lb, European air war shipped with 2 video tapes then Janes were just mighty tomes! All spiral ring bound manuals. By the time the Gulf War kicked off, you knew everything about the military hardware and strategy that was involved-even if you couldn't quite play the simulation, lol. Fade to Black and its polygonal gourad shading, was just bliss, big chunky eye-catching box with the James Bond pose.
To capture the gamers eye was easier. Today it's a case of everything blends in. One thing is sure, what you pay today for a "collectors edition" would pass as a pretty normal edition back in the 90s, apart from resin moulding breaking out of the classroom and being sold off as poor mans bone china to gamers Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: