Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play [34693]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:04 am    Post subject: No Diablo III PC/PS4 Play [34693] Reply with quote

A post to the Diablo III forums by Blizzard community manager Vaeflare confirms presumptions that the recently announced version of Diablo III for the PlayStation 4 will not have any sort of cross-platform operability with the Windows edition of the action/RPG sequel:

While we think cross-platform play would be awes

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why bother releasing the heap of junk that is Diablow III?
Torchlight II kicks its sorry ass!!! Cool
djnforce9
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Agreed. Reply with quote

I agree that Torchlight II is a favourable alternative and what's funny is that it was not in development nearly as long as Diablo III was. That auction house totally kills Diablo III because it drastically reduces the drop rate of gear needed into order to progress. Otherwise, you are constantly kiting enemies and that's if you don't run into an affix combination that makes escape impossible.

Torchlight II is still plenty challenging but "fair" and does support multiplayer too but I don't think it's cross platform either unfortunately.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People still buy Diablo 3?
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't want to do it simply for money reasons. It would take money to make PS4 and PC play together. Blizzard isn't about spending money, it's about making money.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Path of Exile is better than D3 and TL2. It's released and it's free to play (it's called open beta but dor f2p play games that's as good as released. ...). It has you connected to other players by default (but you can still play solo and/or get in a party simply by going back to town or teleporting to party's portal) , it has trading between players, it has crafting, it has tons of character progress variations (ie. Make a barbarian that is a witch) and it has better graphics and effects than Diablo 3 which is ironic since PoE is kinda new Diablo 2 like game Very Happy It also has PvP, Race events, and so much more.

pretty fresh gameplay video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfcvdEL-Woc

oh yea, did I mention the game is free? They are only selling pets (that do nothing) and stash space (which you have plenty even without buying)
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice man, I'm going to try that tonight. Was there even a news article about this game here? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Very nice man, I'm going to try that tonight. Was there even a news article about this game here? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

there was, a long time ago when they had their first open beta weekend. A ton has changed since then....2 new classes, 1 whole new act, pvp, trading, graphics, new skill gems...It is impossible for me to remember all of it...

edit: maybe one of the major things implemented is maps. Maps are like first torchlight maps, that kind of maps but with a twist. You get to maps once you finish all levels of difficulty, then you get maps as drops or you can trade for them, craft them etc. They are so called "end-game content". They are very rewarding loot wise, and are a way to earn more XP so you can level up further but maps can be hard as hell, and they are completely new levels that you haven't played or seen, and through them they can add more end-game maps and content easily. It is basically a new game after you finish a game. Everyone wan't to trade and upgrade maps, run maps together for more loot etc. Very addictive. I spent 4 months running maps alone to level from level 60 to level 75 and get better gear, currency (items and gear are also currency) and it's just a lot of fun!

PS. Unlike some known developers and studios, GGG made their game first and then collected donations from satisfied players in closed beta. Then they introduced a pack that gives instant access to closed beta + some ingame stash space + some currency for future shop and they raised around 200K $ just from those supporter packs in less then a month. Kudos to them.
Thudo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a gaming experience from devs that actually CARE about their customers and that wasn't hyped but actually is more grass-roots to what gaming is. I think I shed a tear..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: