Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX TITAN [34637]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: NVIDIA Introduces GeForce GTX TITAN [34637] Reply with quote

NVIDIA has introduced the new GeForce GTX TITAN, powered by the fastest GPU on the planet and designed to unleash the world's fastest gaming PCs including personal gaming supercomputers and svelte, quiet, small form-factor PCs. In related news, PC Perspective has posted a preview of the upcoming GeForce GTX TITAN from

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
djnforce9
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a souped up GTX680 which is really cool. However, I wonder if it introduces any new capabilities or whether it just does everything faster than ever before.

Either way, it would be wicked for 3D Vision since you'd have so much extra horsepower.
psolord
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1000 euros lol!

Well it's back to AMD for me.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

psolord wrote:
1000 euros lol!

Well it's back to AMD for me.

You don't have to buy it, it's not like it's the only available card from nVidia...I am quite happy with 560Ti 2GB playing games in 2560x1440...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, I bought 2 amd radeon 7850, both either failed or had hardware issues with empire total war, shogun 2 and a couple of other titles.
120 page issue
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/35440-7xxx-Series-AMD-cards-freezes-and-lock-ups-solution-being-debugged-by-AMD?s=576e1234075925c0003a0b67df60fe60

Returned both to amazon, no questions asked. Bought a Nvidia Geforce 660ti absolutely zero problems with games and no hardware issues.
Amd have seriously cut corners to churn these cards out!
Check the thread out above.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not about that at all. It's about him sounding like the Titan is only nVidia card on market and he'll go amd bcs he won't spend 1000$.
1000$ is premium price for premium card. Fastest single gpu card on the market, twice as fast as any other single gpu card. It has a price - 1 large.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you said, and its pretty obvious that there is more than one Nvidia card, so if your spending 1000 on a card I would rather it was built on quality-my point.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
I know what you said, and its pretty obvious that there is more than one Nvidia card, so if your spending 1000 on a card I would rather it was built on quality-my point.

true that. Then again, I cannot even imagine amd making a 1000$ card. Every product they made, performance aside, was plastic-fantastic...

PS. nVidia forbid partners from changing the the base design on Titan. No one can make it plastic-fantastic. Kudos to green team.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The markup has to be like 95% on that card lol. Figure around 30% at least for the big volume cards that most people buy christ. Looks awesome though.

Stumpus is right about the amd cards in many cases. You're going to have issues in many games. Quality wise I think they're both about the same. I just had a gtx465 in my wife's machine die and it was a couple years old. Pulled the card out and it was clean as a whistle (filters on my fans for easy cleanings). Heat wasn't a problem as well. I've had issues with the cards dying from nvidia within five years where as the ati/amd keep going but the drivers or game issues make it just as bad or pointless. I still have my old ati aiw radeon in a bin (agp).

My luck so far for nvidia based cards from evga asus and msi aren't great imo. I really liked evga but I'm not sure nowadays. Maybe I'm not being realistic on life expectancy here? These machines are kept in 76 degree rooms all year long or colder plus are cleaned regularly. No overclocks on most machines either. Anyhoo I've had issues with both brands and they're game breakers plenty of the time.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

markup is not 95%, yields are low and that gpu is huge 250W monster. GK110 was available before in form of Telsa card but you couldn't use it for gaming and price was was over 5000$ so...What we have here is fully fledged gtx680 like everyone expected back then but instead GK104 was used as the yields were excellent and quite frankly, amd had shit on it.

GK110:

GK104:

as you can see, it's a "new" gpu, not just a gimmick with shaders and memory.

GK 110 is 384bit and comes with array of 6GB VRAM.

reviews are out.

now, I would never give 1000$ for a gpu but I Am sure lines of people are already forming as we speak....
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure people are itching to nab it GX. I myself was on a waiting list for the new 7800512mb cards two of them back when they were announced. Traded in my 256mb gtxs for them and boy did they cost a pretty penny. The two 8800gtxs weren't cheap either. Those were the breaking point for my wife though. Now I'm a little more frugal and stick with mid range cards every now and then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: