Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Crysis 3 - PC Graphics Comparison [34632]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Crysis 3 - PC Graphics Comparison [34632] Reply with quote

YouTuber ResetLoad has made a comparison between the various graphical preset options. ResetLoad used a Core i7 Sandy Bridge @ 4.5ghz with an NVidia Geforce GTX 690 and 8gb Vengeance RAM.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Penetreitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Not much difference Reply with quote

Certainly, excellent graphics are not too important in action games, nobody pay attention to the graphics detail when your life is in risk...
I privilege game play before fancy graphics on FPS games.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Not much difference Reply with quote

Penetreitor wrote:
Certainly, excellent graphics are not too important in action games, nobody pay attention to the graphics detail when your life is in risk...
I privilege game play before fancy graphics on FPS games.

I've said that all along about graphics. You are 100% correct. Granted you stop a few times at viewpoints and go wow! Or some games like Far Cry 3 are full of wow, moments but 99% time you are- as you said- trying to protect your arse. To look at graphics that are maxed out, you spend ages just generally fucking about in one area or load an explosion to just replay or look at them, but you certainly don't play the game like that.
Smooth frame rate is paramount as long as there is a decent game to play at the core.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got FC3, nothing to write home about imo. Same game as the last one with mild gfx updates. AI is pretty dumb too (and I have it second highest i think) which kinda kills the immersion. I hate putting games on hardest AI level because then it's just aimbot bs. Played a few hours of FC3 and have to say I was yawning most of the time. Doubt I will go anywhere near Crysis 3.. but who knows I might be desperate again.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far cry 3 is a weird beast. It starts out with a story then dumps you in this huge archipelago with a wtf do I do next. I did say to you Tom that it only looks its best maxed out on graphics. I can honestly say, on my GeForce 660TI its fucking gorgeous. Once of course you start killing animals and working out the Many ways to take out outposts and make ammo,pouches etc. the story starts to kick-in. But it takes patience. Which you don't have. Wait until you get a decent graphics card/CPU before playing it again, then you will appreciate the story an environment. Like everything out there, it has touches of console interface, but that's life.
I can't see myself even being interested in crysis3 pure and simple because its went down the Fallout 3 cash-cow, Vegas and any fucking thing you want to call it, when all it was was an add on charged full price. Crysis is just a drawn out same-old....suit,powers and same bloody aliens and a rehash of a bow to make it seem new.
It's pathetically un original
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF are you talking about? I play max quality (minus AA) on my 560 GTX OC! I don't care if it has great gfx particularly and the gfx are good. I didn't run out and buy the next best video card for today's games. Talk about overkill. My current 560 TX has yet to be taxed by anything PC wise. That's not what I got FC3 for. I was hoping for a better experience and based on your comments about the gfx and immersion etc I thought why not.. Then I played it, beyond the gfx, the game sucks. The bow and arrow most especially blows.. man I thought they could do a lot better than that!!! No patience? Ya, no patience for killing idiot AI enemies. You must be el-n00b fps gamer man. If you find the game in any way hard I have to laugh. I know I'm not the only one, my son played it for part of a day and never touched it again, said it was super boring crap. Gfx usually make him foam at the mouth but in the case of this game, not even that kept him interested.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, then you go off on one cause you can't fucking work your way around. Where the fuck do you get dumb AI?? Sure your playing far cry 3 and not far cry 2 ? Laughing honestly Tom, just forget it there's no constructive fuck-all with you other than full on verbal garbage.....

Bow and arrow is shit, but there is more weapons and add ons when you upgrade.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
You must be el-n00b fps gamer man. If you find the game in any way hard I have to laugh. I know I'm not the only one, my son played it for part of a day and never touched it again, said it was super boring crap. Gfx usually make him foam at the mouth but in the case of this game, not even that kept him interested.

Further more to your mature post, are you really 45? I mean you clearly think your an 18yr old or more to the point, act like one. I enjoy games, I don't EVER go out boasting that I owned the AI in a game AGED 45!!! Your pulling our chain here Tom. Why would you insinuate that NO ONE else reviewed Far Cry and said that the AI was very good?
The reviews are raving about the AI. Look down further on hx main page and see that folks asked for the AI at outposts to be reset so that they can REPLAY them again.
http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=far-cry-3-new-features-amp-changes-revealed-34629
Quote:

Player feedback is an important part any game's community. The ability to get first-hand impressions from players and what they think about the product is vital to make a game even more enjoyable. Thanks to the feedback, we are able to expand upon or add to the game experience.

During the games first few months, the Far Cry 3 Team has been collecting feedback from our players; those who enjoy the storyline, those who play online as well as our map makers. New functionality has been requested, and some have suggested improvements to already existing features. So here are some of the features that can be expected in upcoming patches:

Single Player: Ability to Reset Outposts

A big part of Far Cry 3's single player experience is taking over the outposts manned by Vaas's pirates and Hoyt's privateers. These outposts, when taken, offer a safe place to resupply as well as a base of operations when exploring new parts of the Rook Islands.

Taking over an outpost as a player also presents a fun challenge; everything from how to approach the outpost to what weapons and tactics to use. Hence, a lot of community members have requested to be able to 'reset' the outposts, so that they can be taken-over again.

Here is how it works:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again.

You realise how embarrassing you sound? Then again, you don't realise as your stuck in your own wee world.
Why oh why, would a responsible parent let their child play an 18 cert game???

my son played it for part of a day and never touched it again, said it was super boring crap. Gfx usually make him foam at the mouth but in the case of this game, not even that kept him interested.

I say no more...
djnforce9
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately that youtube video's quality is rather low. The game actually looks way crisper and more detailed when you see it in-game. Best looking title I have ever played and I am having a lot of fun with it too. Perhaps the peak moment when I really was wowed would be the first area and the rain effects which I have yet to see look that good in any other game. Usually dynamic rain is quite uncommon.

Only thing it's missing is a real co-op mode for when I finish the Campaign. The one included plays more like a team deathmatch only you compete against one another which actually makes it reminiscent of versus more than anything. I would love to play an instance of somewhere in the game's world with a buddy. I hope they add such a mode later on.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AI in FC3 is both dumb/silly and at times it's hard. I died lot's of times trying to just "rambo" outposts. Sometimes it works, most of the times it does not because once the alarm is on you are pretty much screwed if you don't manage to shut it off in time. And I am not talking about first few outposts, I am talking about the ones with heavy armor guards that refuse to die on "hard" unless you shoot them in the back of the head or with rocket launcher. And then there is that thing with them...there are usually 4 or more once you get to the second island so shooting them to the back of the head is not an option since you can maybe shot 1 or 2 before alarm goes of, then they all gain physic powers and know exactly where you are. Fire does shit to them too. Annoying as hell...I stopped taking outposts all together. Tbh, I uninstalled the game, it got boring on second island. To me, game ended when I killed Vaas. That's just about the right length for me. (got almost all skills, all unlocks, all crafts and 20hrs of gametime)
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
AI in FC3 is both dumb/silly and at times it's hard. I died lot's of times trying to just "rambo" outposts. Sometimes it works, most of the times it does not because once the alarm is on you are pretty much screwed if you don't manage to shut it off in time. And I am not talking about first few outposts, I am talking about the ones with heavy armor guards that refuse to die on "hard" unless you shoot them in the back of the head or with rocket launcher. And then there is that thing with them...there are usually 4 or more once you get to the second island so shooting them to the back of the head is not an option since you can maybe shot 1 or 2 before alarm goes of, then they all gain physic powers and know exactly where you are. Fire does shit to them too. Annoying as hell...I stopped taking outposts all together. Tbh, I uninstalled the game, it got boring on second island. To me, game ended when I killed Vaas. That's just about the right length for me. (got almost all skills, all unlocks, all crafts and 20hrs of gametime)

I've never had an issue with outposts, one of the reasons that fans want them replayable.
Here's one way I do it. See the blue guys driving around in the jeeps? Your friends that patrol liberated areas. Walk in front of their jeep, they will stop. Then walk up to the drivers side and commandeer the vehicle. Don't drive off, just wait and watch the guys jump back on board. Then drive to enemy outpost , storm in , and your buddies bail out engaging the enemy with you. Within a couple of mins it's yours.
Before alarm is sounded.
Other ways are to use stones and lure guards away from alarm boxes and silently takedowns, (press F) kill them-knife to neck. Then engage the rest at will.
Just down to technique.
Other outposts have animals caged in them, tigers, bears. Just shoot lock off with sniper rifle (silencer fitted) and the escaped animal creates mayhem and once again disable alarm and pick off stragglers.
RPGs are good for instant mayhem in a tight area, so are remote explosive chucked in from a high viewpoint.
I'm about 35hrs into Far Cry 3 and just love the many ways of taking the enemy out.
It's easy to blame the game or worse the AI, but piss about with syringes, heightened senses etc all makes the game sooo much better.
Yeah, you'll die if you don't patiently work things out. But then we've all died hundreds of times in games, except Tom, till we work out what is best or have a lightbulb moment.
The armoured AI Is best taken on with the light MG- full belt. Remember this is a game, not about your bruising your ego. Shoot a tiger or bear with the sniper rifle and the bugger still runs about! Hit them with the shotgun or LMG and its game over.
Swings and roundabouts. No game is perfect.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know how to play the game mate, it just seems that you played it on easy (I am not saying that you did). For me, they sound alarm as soon as I kill one guard and they find him. Whether I storm them or snipe them, they sound the alarm in like 10 seconds, no exceptions. So I either take the outpost in ~30 seconds or I don't. Animals are fun to release, those outpost are the easiest ones. The ones with armored flamethrower guys are not easy at all and your jeep guys get raped in a second.
I don;t know, I just had a different experience in this matters that's all.

oh and btw you can't knife the armored guards until you take that perk, which you get much much later in the skill tree...when you kill Vaas I think...not before. Every other enemy type is easy kill, just those pesky armored guys are (were) a problem.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally play with settings turned down as is my habit from even the old school fps games. You want a close to zero chance of any chug in your fps when you're killing peeps. Planetside 2 I have that bitch turned down all the way and besides infiltrator stealth which is harder to notice you can see through shields smoke anything way better than when your settings are half up or maxed. You're view in the distance isn't compromised either with a less as bright dingy look or fog that many areas have even in certain bases. It's been like this in just about every fps. Turn off shadows and lower those settings so you have an easier time to spot things. I think they've cut corners in fps these days as fov has become quite a big issue in the last couple years with these games. Planetside 2 even maxed v fov in game still feels like I have blinders on compared to the older fps games. It seems like they're cheating the system to add more poly counts by slapping on the blinders so you have to load less and they can make things look better. I hate it. FoV limitations depending on how drastic actually give me headaches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: