Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Gas Powered Games Launches 'Wildman' Kickstarter [34390]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Gas Powered Games Launches 'Wildman' Kickstarter [34390] Reply with quote

Gas Powered Games has taken to Kickstarter in an attempt to fund their latest game, an action-RPG/RTS called Wildman.

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That didn't say a hell of a lot and that guy got fatter. Glad I'm not the only one.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the process of getting slimmer (after three years of getting fat).
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, what's next? Blizzard turns to kickstarter because, oh well, why pay something yourself when you can fool others into it?!

RANT:

I don't get it really. There are people with great ideas that deserve funding because they need to invest money to make them happen. What I don't get is programmers and coders. To make their projects happen all they need is a place to live (500$ a month), food and water (200$ month) and they can accomplish whatever game/app they are making. What they think they need is someone to finance them enormous salaries in the lines of 10.000/month so they can sell what they made (out of donations) and earn more money while in the process of making the game they invested - nothing. Go take a 2 million credit and make a game, sell it if it's that good as you say it is, repay loan - profit. Oh right, bank doesnt give a shit...Then make something good for free, put in portfolio, go take a 10.000$ job at some company - IF you are worth that much.

To me this whole deal with programmers on kickster sounds really bad. It's like, I am a designer (I am) now I go on kickster and show people 2000 pixels with colors, two letters and say "hey folks, this looks good (and let's say it does), but this is just 1/100 of what it's going to be but I need to raise 100.000 to finish it, it is going to be a 10x7 meters billboard, pledge and I will send you work updates and A3 framed copy of the final product" and then I sell my design to <insert company name here> and proclaim it a 500.000$ worth design.
Makes sense? ...I thought so.
/RANT

don't mind my spelling...English is not my main...
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's how I feel about this in general.

If only there was a way to get them in case they don't deliver... I.e. it's a gamble/scam combination.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
That's how I feel about this in general.

If only there was a way to get them in case they don't deliver... I.e. it's a gamble/scam combination.

I will tell you what I respect: Grinding Gear Games! Whether some like their game or not - they got together, worked on it, got it up and running without asking for cache or salary or anything, and then they put it in closed beta and promoted their work. People were randomly given beta access OR those who wanted to support them could pay 10$ and get beta access (and eventually more beta keys to invite friends) and they will got some game currency when it became available.
Game is obviously good because they raised ~400K in just over two months and they worked around a year and a half up to that point. 3 of them I think. Now, that's what I called good work that pays off. 400K/3 not bad a payday! And they didn;t get a h andout, no kickstarter or anything like that. Open beta will come soon and game will be f2p and servers+development will be supported with microtransactions, such as stash space, pets, skins and such (no pay2win).
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is that this will come without a single-player campaign.
A campaign is usually needed to learn tips and tricks in the game, enabling more and more advanced stuff as a story unfolds.
Online-only games tend to fail just because of not having a learning path (i.e. new players coming in will be just squashed in an instant, which is quite discouraging).
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
The thing is that this will come without a single-player campaign.
A campaign is usually needed to learn tips and tricks in the game, enabling more and more advanced stuff as a story unfolds.
Online-only games tend to fail just because of not having a learning path (i.e. new players coming in will be just squashed in an instant, which is quite discouraging).

I will just add this: LoL has practice with bots. DoTA 2 has not. I have friends with tons of beta keys (send reply here if you need any) for DOTA 2 and none wants them. People play LoL or they hate it and have bought DoTA 2 already.
But, to your point L LoL HAS bots to train with! Good enough for testing chars and stuff...

PS. I don't want to intrude but I plan to cross to USA or Canada by the end of the year. GG mania is a small community and you all k now what kind of bastard I am and you have seen my posts. I am a designer (graphic/web/print/versatile) schooled and etc. I am trying to get away from the hole I am living in atm. I have the money to leave, to house myself, I need a job. If you think you can use me or help me, hit me up on dzunja @ gmail . com we can talk. I don;t look for much, just a living. I am sorry to pollute this thread with this but this is kinda big for me,I will do whatever it takes! Smile Cheers!
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Bots are not teaching you anything. Campaigns are usually designed to teach you something.

Don't come to Canada! The internet connections here suck (set back 20 years).
I'guess I'd check in with studios. Spread your CV around.
Finding a job here is very much different from finding a job in EU, so be sure to study the company and the job you're applying for!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
I don't know. Bots are not teaching you anything. Campaigns are usually designed to teach you something.

I'guess I'd check in with studios. Spread your CV around.
Finding a job here is very much different from finding a job in EU, so be sure to study the company and the job you're applying for!

bots are just meant to give you some feeling of the game before you jump into real PvP. You can test weapons/items/map whatever. IMO, it's better to play against them and learn fundamentals then to jump into PvP and "guys how do I level up?" Razz

PS. Thanks for the advice. Smile I know they messed up your internet since last year. I hope that those regulations will eventually prove to be useless and that they remove them.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

That's not entirely true. Yes we have some monopolies that our government and the crtc seem to ignore but there are choices for internet and you can get internet for less $ than Rogers and Bell and have it unlimited. Eg. Teksavvy.

Kinda retarded to say too, don't come to canada because our internet sucks. There is a hell of a lot more to Canada than just having internet. Rolling Eyes
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on Teksavyy cable. A bit cheaper than Rogers (I have 1M/24M or 1/32M - I am not sure what I was upgraded to the last time -; that's 70 dollars/month). Teksavyy uses the Rogers cable infrastructure rendering it to be a piece of junk. Connections are often dropped, you get hours of blackouts without any warning, when the Rogers network is acting up they tell you to buy a new modem and the worst of it all, connection speeds drop as low as 500k/sec in 'rush hour' (mornings, evenings just when you'd want to have a quick look at mails, news and fresh media).
500k/sec? Tom, you're right. You're set back 25 years, not 20.
I had 10M/100M in EU five years ago; stable, no speed drops or any of that blackout crap.

If you're a web designer, it's all about having the right internet connection!

Edit:
Here, this is right now (see image below; speed is 129K/s).
This is Friday evening, 22:23.
And yes, this is on cable, using a local mirror not far from here!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: