Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Space Hulk Announcement Trailer [34194]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Space Hulk Announcement Trailer [34194] Reply with quote

Based on the best-selling board game and set in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Space Hulk is a 3D digital turn based strategy game that recreates the classic claustrophobic board game experience for single player and multiplayer cross-platform play between PC, Mac and on iOS. Space Hulk is set in the isolated corridors

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm just old and cynical, but I'm only slightly encouraged by the fact that it's not (yet) being developed for consoles. Because Space Marine was and Space Marine suuuuuucked.

I'll reserve judgement for now, but I've little confidence that they can recapture the feeling of the classic. Here's hoping I'm wrong.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as i have the original Space Hulk, on PC. It was dreadful. If i remember....no please don't make me!! Your dinner-plate-sized-pixel squad mates, badly, followed you around the ruined levels and ultimately died. That was about all i remember?
Apathy Curve
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You controlled all squad members individually. The idea was to set up choke points and hold out against hordes of genestealers intent upon turning your guts into wall art. Ultimately, you'd work toward the nest and kill off the queen, (or whatever it's called in the lore; I forget now).

The charm of the game was the atmosphere created by the claustrophobic environment and the sound effects. I realize it's not "scary" to modern gamers, but for the tech of the time it was a real accomplishment and a completely unique, nail-biting style of gameplay. It also helped, of course, if you were already a 40K buff when you played it.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes your right now, i remember.
Turn based, kit your units out with flamers or whatever. Move appropriate number of squares, rotate on the spot to go a route and get a face full of teeth and long dangly arm monster. lol. Units that died went to pixel heaven.
Still died and never managed to achieve the objective though. Speech and sound effects were good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: