Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews - Apple Gets Patent On A Rectangle [34025]
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: TechNews - Apple Gets Patent On A Rectangle [34025] Reply with quote

Core i7-3970X Extreme Review - Intel
didn't have to launch the Core i7-3970X. Its -3960X was already the
fastest single-socket workstation processor you could buy. But, in the
year that has passed since Sandy Bridge-E first debuted, Intel also
introduced its Ivy Bridge architecture. Better per-cycle perform

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...Apple really need a reality check and an anal rape - fast! Where is the law where you need it?
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Apple Gets Patent On A Rectangle With Rounded Corners

Next time they're going to claim that they invented the wheel.

Quote:
Skype to replace Windows Live Messenger in 2013

This was easy to guess as Skype has been continually downgraded (i.e. dumbified) over the last year.

Quote:
iPad Sold At Texas Gas Station Was Actually A Mirror

You're better off with the mirror anyway.
zarlin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does that zuckerberg not own skype or am i totally wrong here ?
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NVIDIA: People Buying Tablets Instead of Cheap PCs - Thursday during a conference call, Nvidia Chief Executive Jen-Hsun Huang said that consumers are turning to tablets instead of purchasing cheap PCs, even more so now that Microsoft's own Surface tablet and Windows RT are now available on the market. He indicated that consumers are beginning to realize that a top-notch tablet with solid features is better than a cheap PC with sub-par components

Whilst it is very true for general tablet stuff; web browsing searching, music, movies and gaming = insta fun! The tablets blow a PC completely out the water with GPS, sat nav and tethering to your phone for on the go internet anywhere, without lugging a netbook, laptop etc.
Obviously when it comes to buying online (security) and doing more detailed work and serious gaming, the PC is always king. But that's sitting in a permanent/long place to do that. Work,train commute, home etc.
A good laptop doesn't come under 'cheap pc' and is a poor sweeping statement.
Also it comes under a 'no shit, sherlock.......' statement. Tablets,mobile phones, consoles and PCs, all have their place in our lives, just that people are no longer 'tied' long term to them. We no longer upgrade regularly and what we play on or use. that is what has changed. Go on vacation and commute, phones/tablets ebook readers are now the norm. Stay at home and the bigger gear comes out.
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparatively speaking, at home I use my tablet more than my PC. I game on my PC when I have time to sit behind my PC and game. My laptop has about 3 inches of dust on it because what I can do on my laptop I can do way more efficiently on my tablet.

EDIT: Apple is a piece of shit as is the US Patent office. Allowing this patent just shows how F'd up the Patent office is.

gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NVIDIA: People Buying Tablets Instead of Cheap PCs - Thursday during a conference call, Nvidia Chief Executive Jen-Hsun Huang said that consumers are turning to tablets instead of purchasing cheap PCs, even more so now that Microsoft's own Surface tablet and Windows RT are now available on the market. He indicated that consumers are beginning to realize that a top-notch tablet with solid features is better than a cheap PC with sub-par components

yea, that's nice. Then some of those people will want to print out their work or some papers for schools, maybe even photos, and they will plug in their printer only to discover that android doesn't have a driver for it.
Now, don't get me wrong, I agree that tablets are great and can replace a cheap PC, for a housewife or something, but some people are still better off with laptop or cheap PC.
And you can buy cheap PC pretty damn cheap, like under 100$, whilst a tablet for under a 100 isn't really THE tablet and cannot replace almost anything save for maybe a browser. Still, I wouldn't be comfortable browsing for hours on a 7" screen
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zarlin wrote:

Sugarhill does not own skype - it belongs to MS.
Sugarhill does not own fakebook, neither.
zarlin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
zarlin wrote:

Sugarhill does not own skype - it belongs to MS.
Sugarhill does not own fakebook, neither.

Thank thi Wink
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Quote:

Whilst it is very true for general tablet stuff; web browsing searching, music, movies and gaming = insta fun! The tablets blow a PC completely out the water with GPS, sat nav and tethering to your phone for on the go internet anywhere, without lugging a netbook, laptop etc.
Obviously when it comes to buying online (security) and doing more detailed work and serious gaming, the PC is always king. But that's sitting in a permanent/long place to do that. Work,train commute, home etc.
A good laptop doesn't come under 'cheap pc' and is a poor sweeping statement.
Also it comes under a 'no shit, sherlock.......' statement. Tablets,mobile phones, consoles and PCs, all have their place in our lives, just that people are no longer 'tied' long term to them. We no longer upgrade regularly and what we play on or use. that is what has changed. Go on vacation and commute, phones/tablets ebook readers are now the norm. Stay at home and the bigger gear comes out.

Yea I think the point is that laptops are becoming marginalized as hardware specs for mobiles and tablets get better (dual core range or better nowadays if you pay for it). PC sales will be fine but laptops which became a huge market will see a decline. The way I see it it costs them less to put out a tablet and charge laptop prices so it's a win for them.

I've got a nook color with cm7.2 that cost me a hundred bucks last year. It has mediocre hardware specs but runs everything fine even today. There's even a JB rom out for it now. The only other interesting thing in the mobiles is being able to run ubuntu or windows on them so you can either use it as a ghetto pc or copy your desktop between the devices with ease.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:
Quote:

yea, that's nice. Then some of those people will want to print out their work or some papers for schools, maybe even photos, and they will plug in their printer only to discover that android doesn't have a driver for it.
Now, don't get me wrong, I agree that tablets are great and can replace a cheap PC, for a housewife or something, but some people are still better off with laptop or cheap PC.
And you can buy cheap PC pretty damn cheap, like under 100$, whilst a tablet for under a 100 isn't really THE tablet and cannot replace almost anything save for maybe a browser. Still, I wouldn't be comfortable browsing for hours on a 7" screen

I hate browsing with a tablet or mobile. The only ones I use have apps that format it for me like reddit apps etc. Primary use is for nav or ereading reddit browsing whilst on the toilet or couch. Mantano reader is quite nice.

Once they get the hardware a little better on mobiles and tablets (pretty close now but price point is set way to high) we can start seeing useful mobile OS's like ubuntu even windows.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Google Nexus 7 16gb and an Asus EeePad Transformer Pad TF300 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock, 32gb. Both tablets are Asus and have Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core processors.
They can seriously play some gorgeous high res games and are superb for general laptop work and some intensive tasks. The Prime for eg I can print wireless, dock to external HDDs, full sized SD card reader and full sized USB ports alongside micro HDMI. The keyboard is a charging dock as well as a very good keyboard and has useful shortcut keys applicable to the OS and interface. They both are Jelly Bean too. With a good 15hrs battery life.
Buy once and buy the best that you can, is my motto.

Last edited by Sabot on Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best is a PC.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
I have a Google Nexus 7 16gb and an Asus EeePad Transformer Pad TF300 10.1 inch Tablet with Keyboard/Dock, 32gb. Both tablets are Asus and have Nvidia Tegra 3 Quad Core processors.
They can seriously play some gorgeous high res games and are superb for general laptop work and some intensive tasks. The Prime for eg I can print wireless, dock to external HDDs, full sized SD card reader and full sized USB ports alongside micro HDMI. The keyboard is a charging dock as well as a very good keyboard and has useful shortcut keys applicable to the OS and interface. They both are Jelly Bean too. With a good 15hrs battery life.
Buy once and buy the best that you can, is my motto.

tbh, for 600 euros I can buy a much better laptop than that Asus transformer, thou not as fancy but much more capable and a bit less portable but...Well, it's a matter of preference, but knowing you, you probably have a beast laptop too Razz
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Csimbi wrote:
The best is a PC.

No it's not. For portability nothing beats a tablet. You hardly stick a pc in your pocket and play games on a commute or check street view for where your going or for somewhere to stay/eat etc?
And yes, a nexus can squeeze into a jacket pocket.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: