Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Blizzard's Rob Pardo:SP Games are Going Extinct [33816]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Blizzard's Rob Pardo:SP Games are Going Extinct [33816] Reply with quote

s-rob-pardo\uot;an interview with Rob Pardo after the introduction of the latest World of Warcraft expansion, Mists of Pandaria. Here\'s an excerpt:

Q: One of the things that\'s been changing in the industry is the business model. In addition to classic retail sales and subscriptions we now see free-to-pla

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a load of crap. This S.O.B. spills out that kind of bullshit while working at BlizzCrap? Talking about WoW? Seriously? The nerve some people have! I guess according to him, Skyrim is a complete failure...
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe if they cut the bloat and hype out of gaming then it would prove profitable.
Also, games used to be a joy to play, being that they came with a gorgeous manual,map etc. instead, we get a disc with fuck-all else in the box-seeing the manual is a pdf.
This all thanks to the god of bullshit, that said when games become digital they would be cheaper due to ONE copy being always master, no shop overheads and direct to the gamer on day one etc.
I hated and knew that from day one this wouldn't happen. Same as when games went to DVD from CDROM, we were to get huge increases in gameplay length and better everything inc cheaper games...
Now we move on 10-15 years and we have blu-ray which still never took off on pc and games have gotten shitty and above all shorter! Yet we pay massive over the odds for a digital copy and tablets and phones are free to play with iap yet you've purchased the fucking game!!!
So much for moving forwards with the new digital times.
They (publishers and devs) make ten times the money of shop sales through digital, yet moan about costs being too high to develope and publish games.
They are nothing but greedy shits, pc specs are 4,6,8 gb RAM for what? A 6-7 hr playing session if your lucky. That's acceptable? Clearly a generation of idiots have been born.
No I don't want to play hrs on MP, we've had this since Doom and Kali95 gaming hasn't changed and certainly won't kill SP. again this was touted when MP gaming was announced with the likes of Battlefield. I played the living crap out of RTCW, my one and only true MP best experience of teamwork.
spectra9
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate those so called free-to-play games. There's nothing really "free" about them. If you want to have the full experience, you always have to spend some money. They should've been called demo games or free trial games. Load of craps. They're designed just for one thing, to milk as much cash out of you for as long as possible. Blizzcrap has gone way way south, it's pathetic.
lorcro2000
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that jabber about "monetization" has NOTHING to do with how good a game is. The only drawback with single-player games he keeps harping on about is how hard it is to keep people hostage for extra cash compared to online games. Lots of people love single-player games expressly because you get to avoid dealing with idiots that way.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hear such bullshit every now and then...
For year shit like "consoles are going to die", "PC is going to die".... etc...
This is corporate propaganda, they just try to sink this in gamers minds, so that the bullshit they do will be taken easy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

single player ain't dying it's just the idiot publishers who charge too much for the game. Blame pirating all you want but it's the idiot publisher who caused the pirating to happen.
Csimbi
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I call bulls**it.
Maybe it's time for you to retire.
Can't reinvent yourself? Step down, making room for others to try.

Last edited by Csimbi on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Majnun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another idiot.

Oh look, I have a big hammer! Everything is a nail.
zarlin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Maybe if they cut the bloat and hype out of gaming then it would prove profitable.
Also, games used to be a joy to play, being that they came with a gorgeous manual,map etc. instead, we get a disc with fuck-all else in the box-seeing the manual is a pdf.
This all thanks to the god of bullshit, that said when games become digital they would be cheaper due to ONE copy being always master, no shop overheads and direct to the gamer on day one etc.
I hated and knew that from day one this wouldn't happen. Same as when games went to DVD from CDROM, we were to get huge increases in gameplay length and better everything inc cheaper games...
Now we move on 10-15 years and we have blu-ray which still never took off on pc and games have gotten shitty and above all shorter! Yet we pay massive over the odds for a digital copy and tablets and phones are free to play with iap yet you've purchased the fucking game!!!
So much for moving forwards with the new digital times.
They (publishers and devs) make ten times the money of shop sales through digital, yet moan about costs being too high to develope and publish games.
They are nothing but greedy shits, pc specs are 4,6,8 gb RAM for what? A 6-7 hr playing session if your lucky. That's acceptable? Clearly a generation of idiots have been born.
No I don't want to play hrs on MP, we've had this since Doom and Kali95 gaming hasn't changed and certainly won't kill SP. again this was touted when MP gaming was announced with the likes of Battlefield. I played the living crap out of RTCW, my one and only true MP best experience of teamwork.

My words A+
Mantrhax
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another retard who works for French Activision-Blizzard, btw, vivendi is really looking for someone to buy then....i hope they find !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: