Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Torchlight II Development Visualization [33786]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Torchlight II Development Visualization [33786] Reply with quote

A gource (http://code.google.com/p/gource/) visualization of nearly three years of development on Runic Games\' Torchlight II. The visualization is based on activity in our source control system. Every piece of art, sound, or code that helped shape the game is represented somewhere in the frenzy. The music is a recentl

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, and after all that time http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=33879&sid=6ccae9108d7c642164597fae4b13a31d&start=620

in short: huge fps drop in combat problem for many many players (including myself) the better the PC the worse the drops seem to be :S Even worse in multiplayer. Game is almost unplayable.

game is single core "optimized" only.
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be patient, they'll fix that... jesus
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
Be patient, they'll fix that... jesus

it's a problem from alpha version, like, over one year old...still hasn't been fixed. Also, they won't make multi-threading cpu support since single core optimization is how they meant it to be. It shouldn't be needed anyway since not everyone has the above mentioned problems but anyway...it kinda sucks to know that developers aimed for ONE core for 2012 release...

and I hate those "be patient, it will be fixed" comments. They solve nothing. It's not like I am playing the game for free and will pay for it later, when everything is fixed. I payed for the product, I want it to work NOW because I payed for it long time ago. If I knew the product would be faulty I wouldn't have payed for it in the first place, I would wait for the fix before I give them money. Atm I feel like I purchased a bicycle for full price but only got one wheel and have to wait for the other wheel to be delivered to me, and I wasn't warned about that before because the bicycle I have tried in the store had BOTH wheels on it unlike the one I got after purchase (read: demo version works fine, final game does not)
tride
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is how things are made and work since.... forever!
For every fucking game there are patches, patches and more patches!
There is no game out there that was released and worked flawless for everyone!
So, if you like that game, genre or whatever... what the hell ? You can wait, or you can wait like 6 months and get it then, when it's patched!
Learn this now and you wont have issues with dev's in the future!
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tride wrote:
This is how things are made and work since.... forever!
For every fucking game there are patches, patches and more patches!
There is no game out there that was released and worked flawless for everyone!
So, if you like that game, genre or whatever... what the hell ? You can wait, or you can wait like 6 months and get it then, when it's patched!
Learn this now and you wont have issues with dev's in the future!

I know that dude, but, droping to 20-30fps if you do criticall strikes or if you have more then 5 mobs on screen is kindaaaaa basic "no-no" in development and missing something like that, or, failing to fix it and still release the game with that kind of bug is nothing like "fixed a potential bug with quest XYZ" won't you agree?

and because of all those patches, fixes and unfinished products that are only meant to grab money asap I pirate most of the shit anyway. You are right, most games in past 10 years are mostly bug infested crap.
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x, that's some interesting info... I don't remember such problems with the original game and this is troubling. Obviously, it will be fixed, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place. I'm sure there are balance issues that need fixing as well. On the other hand, there are people claiming the THETA crack worked for them without these issues, so it seems steam related or at least partially.

Have you tried forcing single core mode for your game (there was an app out there that did this, can't remember the name)?
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-=WolverinE=- wrote:
gx-x, that's some interesting info... I don't remember such problems with the original game and this is troubling. Obviously, it will be fixed, but it shouldn't have been there in the first place. I'm sure there are balance issues that need fixing as well. On the other hand, there are people claiming the THETA crack worked for them without these issues, so it seems steam related or at least partially.

Have you tried forcing single core mode for your game (there was an app out there that did this, can't remember the name)?

Let's just say theta release works a tad bit better (patched to latest patch) but fps drops in bigger fights there too.

Game already IS single core only, my other cores are almost idle while cpu0 is 100% and gpu ~25%. Feel free to open the link to runic forums that I left in my first post here. Wink People tried everything save for downgrading their computers or something silly like that. Only solution seems to be picking up an K (unlocked) intel i5/7 and overcloking it to 5ghz Very Happy
Tom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good, glad I waited. Enjoying GW2 right now. It's so well done. When/If I get bored of it then I'll go for TL2 and all bugs should be fixed by then.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom wrote:
Good, glad I waited. Enjoying GW2 right now. It's so well done. When/If I get bored of it then I'll go for TL2 and all bugs should be fixed by then.

well, not everyone is experiencing the problems mentioned, but a lot of people do. You can download reloaded version and give it a go for about 1-2hrs until you get into a bit larger fights and see if you are affected. If you are not - good for you! You can proceed to buy a steampile version you'll be fine Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: