Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Far Cry 3 System Requirements [33761]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Far Cry 3 System Requirements [33761] Reply with quote

Ubisoft\'s tropical holiday simulator gets a list of requirements that hint at a lack of support for Windows XP.

MINIMUM SPECS
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel  Core2 Duo E6700 or 3.00 GHz AMD
Athlon 64 X2 6000+ or better
RAM: 4 GB
Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 4.0 or
highe

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Consoles that will be running this game don't meet minimum specs.
Baconnaise
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand how it can't run on XP thing? What's the huge difference? The only thing I can see dx10 isn't native nor is 11 and hardly anyone uses that shit anyways due to consoles. Why be a dick about it?
tiamat
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baconnaise wrote:
I don't understand how it can't run on XP thing? What's the huge difference? The only thing I can see dx10 isn't native nor is 11 and hardly anyone uses that shit anyways due to consoles. Why be a dick about it?

32-bit versions of XP can't meet the minimum memory requirement (4gb).

gx-x wrote:

Consoles that will be running this game don't meet minimum specs.

They will downsize the textures and lower polygon counts until it runs so it will look like shit.
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was pointing the irony in the min spec. box360 is far far from min system req. stated for PC and I doubt that running FC3 on PC on low with those min specs will look better then the console counterpart. These requirements just show us how bad their console port for PC will be.
When I watch HD trailers and gameplay videos of FC3, scripting and story aside, graphics look like shit.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the fascination with whether a console can or can't run a pc game?
They are wildly different in both software and hardware.
You can play Dead Space on a tablet, Tegra 3 1.4GHz Quad-Core and a 1GB of DDR3 and it is gorgeous. Games like Dead Trigger, Mass Effect and many other upcoming titles are optimised for tablets.
Optimized being the operative word here!
Besides, after playing Crysis 2 in 3D on console, it was far superior to the PC version, regardless of it's higher resolution, it didn't immerse you into such a fantastic world as the console variant.
Another thing, Consoles,tablets don't run bloat in their OS and don't need to be tied to the net to make sure they are legal.
It certainly isn't XP or 7 that they run on, yet they can turn out a perfectly playable and excellent graphic game. On practicaly NOTHING that the resource-hog PC needs just to keep it's OS turning over!!
I haven't seen anything yet on PC that warrants the huge system spec hardware costs that are abhorrent today. Soo, it looks good....and?
It's the same old cycle every friggin' year/decade. It's NOTHING revolutionary.
Fuck me, we should be playing in TOTAL visionary SURROUND and ABSOLUTE immersion!!!!(not a handful of monitors sellotaped together) The PC has done shit in 20years, other than go from 2D to 3DFX
It reminds me of those fucking clueless sheep that buy an IPhone every 6months to a year....cause it has gone up 200mp in screen resolution from the last clone...
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Why the fascination with whether a console can or can't run a pc game?
They are wildly different in both software and hardware.
You can play Dead Space on a tablet, Tegra 3 1.4GHz Quad-Core and a 1GB of DDR3 and it is gorgeous. Games like Dead Trigger, Mass Effect and many other upcoming titles are optimised for tablets.
Optimized being the operative word here!
Besides, after playing Crysis 2 in 3D on console, it was far superior to the PC version, regardless of it's higher resolution, it didn't immerse you into such a fantastic world as the console variant.
Another thing, Consoles,tablets don't run bloat in their OS and don't need to be tied to the net to make sure they are legal.
It certainly isn't XP or 7 that they run on, yet they can turn out a perfectly playable and excellent graphic game. On practicaly NOTHING that the resource-hog PC needs just to keep it's OS turning over!!
I haven't seen anything yet on PC that warrants the huge system spec hardware costs that are abhorrent today. Soo, it looks good....and?
It's the same old cycle every friggin' year/decade. It's NOTHING revolutionary.
Fuck me, we should be playing in TOTAL visionary SURROUND and ABSOLUTE immersion!!!!(not a handful of monitors sellotaped together) The PC has done shit in 20years, other than go from 2D to 3DFX
It reminds me of those fucking clueless sheep that buy an IPhone every 6months to a year....cause it has gone up 200mp in screen resolution from the last clone...

I am fascinated with how lazy and overpaid developers that port those console games to PC are actually. I am also fascinated by the fact how shameless they are afterwards, by releasing such shameful PC game requirements.

I am certainly not fascinated with the ability to play anything on something with the screen size of a dining plate or a tomato. Maybe tetris or fruit ninja is fine. Dead space is meant for a big ass fucking screen, not for a shoe.

Your inability to hook your 3D TV to the PC and play Crysis 2 (or any other game for that matter, your TV, if I recall correctly, has it's own 3D conversion) in 3D ruining the higher res version with better...everything is not a feat that you should write to consoles. Wink No offense meant ofc, I am just pointing out the facts...
-=WolverinE=-

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 gigs of ram?

Seriously, what kind of bloated pice of shit is this? I do have 8GB of memory, but this is pathetic. The game has shitty textures that probably aren't even optimized / compressed.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gx-x wrote:

I am fascinated with how lazy and overpaid developers that port those console games to PC are actually. I am also fascinated by the fact how shameless they are afterwards, by releasing such shameful PC game requirements.

I am certainly not fascinated with the ability to play anything on something with the screen size of a dining plate or a tomato. Maybe tetris or fruit ninja is fine. Dead space is meant for a big ass fucking screen, not for a shoe.

Your inability to hook your 3D TV to the PC and play Crysis 2 (or any other game for that matter, your TV, if I recall correctly, has it's own 3D conversion) in 3D ruining the higher res version with better...everything is not a feat that you should write to consoles. Wink No offense meant ofc, I am just pointing out the facts...

Overpaid and lazy?
Yet the top specs for this is 8GB!!!!!!
Fuck me! You could send a space ship on mobile phone specs, yet can't play a GAME maxed out on anything less than 8Gig of RAM, and your saying that console dev's are lazy for getting the same said game to run on 512mb!!!????
Your wires are seriously crossed....
gx-x
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
gx-x wrote:

Overpaid and lazy?
Yet the top specs for this is 8GB!!!!!!
Fuck me! You could send a space ship on mobile phone specs, yet can't play a GAME maxed out on anything less than 8Gig of RAM, and your saying that console dev's are lazy for getting the same said game to run on 512mb!!!????
Your wires are seriously crossed....

no man, you misread, I said devs in charge of porting TO PC are overpaid and lazy. Phones/consoles are fine (well, depends on developer when we talk console games. Some games run bad on consoles despite the closed platform)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: