Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

PS2 Compatibility 'Not Coming Back' to PS3 [27684]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: PS2 Compatibility 'Not Coming Back' to PS3 [27684] Reply with quote

The ability to play PlayStation 2 games on a PlayStation 3--supported in the first iterations of the hardware but removed in later revisions--will not be coming back, Sony hardware marketing director John Koller has definitively stated:

Do we need to stop yapping about backwards compatibility?

\uot;It\'s not co

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee whiz guys, move on! Owning a PS3 and putting PS2 titles on it....please. These sound like the folks who still play their PS3 on SCART or phono input and not HDMI? Or is it that they still own a CRT?? Maybe that is the problem.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:
Gee whiz guys, move on! Owning a PS3 and putting PS2 titles on it....please. These sound like the folks who still play their PS3 on SCART or phono input and not HDMI? Or is it that they still own a CRT?? Maybe that is the problem.

Let's not forget that in the PS2 times, fun was the primary objective of the games, now it's looks and graphics. Everyone knows the PS2 is still the most played console by far.
Ozieo
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stumpus wrote:

Let's not forget that in the PS2 times, fun was the primary objective of the games, now it's looks and graphics. Everyone knows the PS2 is even today, still the most played console by far.
Sabot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes i know what you are saying, i own a PS2 and because i have an HD tv it has multiple inputs, i can therefore connect my PS2 -still occasionaly play 'shadow of the colossus', 'Res 4' lol- and any other console to it. I know the old 80gig PS3 used to play PS2 games and upscale them -never knew what the quality was like. Is it good??

I don't know about today being no fun but just graphics; Heavenly sword,Dead Space, Motorstorm 2,MGS4 and Mercs 2 have quite excellent stories and funny moments?
Wasn't there an original rumour -long before the PS3 came out- that they were going to 'patch' PS2 games so they would run 1080 on it?
th4t1guy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The patch to play Shadow of the Colossus at 1080p is called pcsx2.
strangestsensation
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was 40 & 60gig PS3 that played PS2. I think the 80gig supported PS2 through software emulation or something like that but it was removed in later firmware. My 80gig doesn't play PS2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: