Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

HL2: Episode 2 Release Pushed Back To Summer 07 [22680]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: HL2: Episode 2 Release Pushed Back To Summer 07 [22680] Reply with quote

Valve's Doug Lombardi told CVG today that
Half-Life 2: Episode Two's release has slipped from Q1 2007 back to summer 2007. of 2006, with Valve confirming back in August it had changed its mind and was instead gunning for Q1 2007, maybe February. The reason for the further delay to summer 2007 hasn't been given

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL, I bet it will just be another rehashed Episode 1. But they will probably end up claiming that there is so much more to the game now that they have to charge a 50$ price tag. We shall see..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or most likely, it will come out when Source is supporting dual core etc... They have to pull all the stops to get people to buy this junk, perhaps that's what the plan is.
darknothing
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

source supports dual core means to me
New Mobo
New Cpu
format......
and i want vista....
gonna cost if i dont get a copy off my freind
about
$900 ..... dam... and i just upgraded..
Nosferatu
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the second ep would become a little longer?
If it won't, then what's the benefit of going episodic if it takes that long to make new episodes?
Still, I'm waiting for it, because that HL universe has its charm. Just don't say that I'm "an idiot to like hl2", that would be cliche Smile
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget 2-4GB of DDR2 ram 800 or faster. Keep in mind DDR1, the fastest there is is only as good as DDR2-533. My board, for example, supports greater than 1GHz ram.. Cool

Vista isn't going to be a requirement for HL2 EP2 nor is it even really needed for anything other than change and even more money for MS.

And for that matter, anyone got a collabarative fps stats review of Vista 64 vs XP 64? or against XP 32...? Be nice to see that.
djRom
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really would be nice to see, XXXX. Hey what mobo do you have btw that can support over 1ghz ram?

But also, the whole comparative report would be kind of hindered due to lack of optimization within windows. Like for instance, I would have to see a report of every single process running at the time of the tests, and all of the services that were turned on at the time of the tests. Too many variables imo. But I guess just base installs would be equal enough..
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
yhancik

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this leaves even more time for the Stridermod Team to finish their Exite Mod before Portal Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: