Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

TechNews RoundUp - PhysX cards with a game [21504]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: TechNews RoundUp - PhysX cards with a game [21504] Reply with quote

Asus to ship PhysX cards with a game - The cards should be available of the month. S3's MultiChrome dual-GPU technology - Seems like the S3 products are always on par with year-old ATI and Nvidia stuff. ASUS P5WD2-E Premium mobo - The integrated feature list of the P5WD2-E Premium is

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg i can't believe asus is gonna sell this crap! lol. geeez, 1 company i had a bit of respect for.. then BFG?? ouch! this card better 'get worth it' really quick or there's gonna be serious money loss..

as havok said, i'm all for physic acceleration but i think it should be the cpu/gpu solely responsible and i don't think this market needs to be flooded with bs products, we got enough of Creative labs thanks..in games like hl2, I don't think prop lag is due to our processors or anything of the sort, it's just bad code. Poor or half assed code..There are games like UT that already have good physics code, I'm slightly appalled that Epic would buy into this garbage too.. the Pc market really is going down the tubes!!

Gimme Duke Nukem George! Before I go ballistic!!!
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tis sad....

maybe the card needs more bandwidth, like an x16 pci-e slot instead of the horrid pci bus it's currently on. I still think having a dedicated physics processor is a good idea, but they need to go all-or-nothing for it to be effective, and if that means partitioning the user base then so be it, it's been done before... It's not like $250 is worth THAT much these days. I mean really that's only half the price of a graphics card, or a quarter of the price if you go SLI...

I think games requiring SLI to do physics would be much worse... Then you'd have to spend another $500 or so instead of $250.

Like havok said, the "effects" in GRAW are fake particles, and only on the order of 100s, not tens of thousands like the PPU is capable of.

They need another chance.
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure a physics accelerator would be nice, but it would be way nicer if it wasn't an additional card but rather incorporated on the video card.

It's enough we pay a lot for 'mildly' improved video card than to have to go and spend an additional $300... Why didn't ATI or nVidia buyout these guys and incorporate their stuff onto their cards? How is it these guys won so many future tech awards and nobody knows about it? Why is it their investors are somewhat attached to valueware software titles? Why is it they don't even have Havok certification?

Everywhere I have read where people have tested the card said it was a joke too and see little to no value. I've seen the videos and stuff and I just don't buy it.

The most important point to me overall is, wtf would you want all this crap in your game? Are people really going to pump up fog and debris and crap when they play online? Gimme a break. Most supposedly 'elite' gamers turn off all the crap and pump gamma and brightness to maximum just so darkness doesn't affect their aim..

Until this card has some certification like from Havok, I doubt many people will buy into it. Just my opinion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: