Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars announced [21414]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject: Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars announced [21414] Reply with quote

EA sent out

a press release officially announcing
Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars, the next installment in the classic RTS franchise. The game is currently in development at EALA and is slated for release in 2007.

It is 2047 and the stakes could not be higher. Tiberium—a self-replicating alien s

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
CaptStar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, yippee! This is the best news ive heard all year.
I honestly cant wait. But after reading the PCG Magazine with the preview of this, this game is a somewhat what if scenario. It tosses out Tiberian Sun and shows a better scenario of what happened after the first CNC. They said this game will explain more things about Kane and NOD, and it will also explain the origins of Tiberium.
I hope that it uses FMV videos again, and that Joseph Kucan is back as the legendary Kane.
KANE LIVES IN DEATH! PEACE! UNITY! BROTHERHOOD! PEACE THROUGH POWER!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was my understanding that the original guy who was with Westwood who came up with this series is not longer with Westwood or EA thus the huge delay in a sequel to Generals.. which means it's just something spun up by someone else using the name..They own the rights to the game they can do as they please with the supposed history of the game. Naturally the game is going to undergo a lot of changes and everything is gonna be new well it's a whole different team doing it...

I am still looking forward to seeing what will happen with it. Generals is pretty fun as it is with mods. With a good system you can take it to the max...have to see.. Smile
CaptStar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know xxxx, that may be the case, but I read the PCG article and from what I saw, and from my personal opinion on it, they werent too happy with Tiberian Sun, so they sorta wanna do a new sequal to Tiberian Dawn. IMO, Tiberian Sun wasnt balanced, and it had too many buildings, and those stupid hunter seeker probes, which u couldnt shoot down. I think this is a step in the right direction, and I support EA on this.
Also, EA does own the rights for CNC now, including the Tiberian series. From what ive seen in screens, u wont be disappointed. Also, I should add they have an incredible new system for Tiberium growth now that was developed by MIT.
CaptStar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry ladies and gentlemen I read the article wrong.
After further analysis of the article, along with reading info on PlanetCNC all day, Ill post important info on what PCG said about the new CNC, Tiberium Wars.

"C&C3 will be set some time after the events in Tiberian Sun: Firestorm. As you may recall, Firestorm assumed the GDI ending in Tiberian Sun, and itself ended with GDI in the possession of the Tacitus, the Philadelphia still in orbit, Nod coming under the control of Slavik, and CABAL presumed destroyed. The final cutscene of Firestorm, however, left players with a cliffhanger that posited that both CABAL and Kane survived in some form. C&C3 begins several years later, with the GDI in control of the "safe" (Tiberium-free) zones of the Earth, and attempting to use its knowledge of the Tacticus to remove the Tiberium infestation. The story opens with a Nod assault on the Philadelphia orbital station that throws the GDI into disarray.

A third side will be introduced, but it is as yet unknown. Speculation falls to it being either independent mutants, robots and cyborgs under the command of CABAL, or alien forces.

Kane is set to make a return, but there is no word on whether Joseph Kucan will reprise his role as everyone's favourite sociopathic madman.

Full-motion-video is back. The PC Gamer article hints that there will be not only in-between-mission cinematics but more in-game cinematics of the type seen in Tiberian Sun and Red Alert 2 (and in the non-C&C RTS Act of War).

C&C3 will, naturally, be using a further upgraded version of the same engine that has powered Generals and both Battle for Middle-Earth games. For those of you who don't have BFME2, let me point out that its system requirements easily top those of Quake IV, so start saving up those pennies to buy the uber-system you'll likely need to run C&C3 at max detail.

The EA project team has stated that their two biggest design goals are improving the AI and creating a more immersive campaign.

Multiplayer will feature voice chat support.

GDI units known to be making a comeback include the Orca and the Mammoth Tank, though any art of these units at this time is liable to be entirely temporary.

No news on whether the interface will be Generals-style or traditional C&C-sidebar style. None of the screenshots or other art in the PC Gamer article included any pictures of a HUD.

It is extremely unlikely that C&C3 will come out this year. A reasonable estimate for the release date is midway through 2007 - in other words, a summer blockbuster for next year. Or to put it in more plain words... wait until next spring before dropping your cash on a new system.

As they did with BFMEII, EA is planning several "community summits" to bring C&C fans (modders, fansite operators, other prominent community members) down to their Los Angeles studios for previews and discussions."
There u have it its not a retelling of Tiberian Sun, this is THE sequal baby! Bring on the nukes and mammoth tanks, im ready.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: