Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

THQ To Use In-Game Ads [20457]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: THQ To Use In-Game Ads [20457] Reply with quote

THQ and Massive Incorporated today

announced plans to bring THQ video game titles to Massive's video game advertising network. The publisher will use the network to put ads in upcoming THQ games although specific titles were not announced.

"Dynamic, in-game advertising not only offers publishers new

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
nb411
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep for sure, I dont mind as long as it has the effect of bringing game prices down (OR more awesome games with tonnes more content for the same price). Otherwise I could just go down to the local recycle depot and buy a bundle of junkmail catalogs for 50c and read those for a bit of entertainment.
miglaugh
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they better do a better job of it than was done in SWAT 4... they completely ruined that game for me... just having random ads plastered on the walls? really? thats as clever as they can get? If they're going to do it atleast make it look like it belongs in the game. If I take notice of it in the game they've blown it... make it subliminal or something so we're tricked into buying shit, ignorance is bliss.
If all we get from having to put up with an ads system is lower framerates, i can forsee the end of the industry. Talk about boycott material. The vampires aren't getting enough blood from the movie industry, so we're next... oh well, guess it'll be back to reading for entertainment, what a crock.
Can't wait to see screenshots of an ad for tampons in a roleplaying game. HA!
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off I don't think advertisers go around going, "Oh gee this ad would be really nice here". I don't think so. In SWAT 4 I see no issue with the advertising as a matter of fact I don't even pay attention to them. I personally don't care if they put ad's in as long as it doesn't lag the game. I don't buy anything based on an 'ad' I review most everything I buy. Lowerng the cost of games? ROFLMAO. Ya in your dreams.
ThePacifier
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: near future Reply with quote

Yes..in the future maybe they put lots of comercial videos before playing the game....f*** excess of publicity! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: