Gameguru Mania Forum Index Gameguru Mania
Daily Gaming, Hardware, Software and Technology News

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
news | cheats | reviews | specials | hardware | demos | FLASH GAMES | about | links

7800GTX 512MB vs. X1800XT 512MB [20328]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggrobot
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: 7800GTX 512MB vs. X1800XT 512MB [20328] Reply with quote

GamePC compares the two fastest graphics cards on the market for a holiday GPU showdown:

nVidia's GeForce 7800 GTX 512 MB card is simply a better performer in very gaming benchmark we threw at it. nVidia's combination of a highly-clocked 24-pipeline GPU and half a gig of 1.7 GHz GDDR-3 memory is unbeatable

Read more...

Source: GGMania headlines
GGMania.com - Daily Gaming and Tech news
DELETED

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DELETED
No.21
Contributor
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh? What is so pro-ATI in this comparison? Its more of opposite. Check the Nvidia drivers and what CPU they use and review this so called comparison before you post crap like what you have done now.

Quote:
ROFL... I nearly cried laughing at the bit about ATI now having more features like Shaders 3.0 and HDR ..... when only months ago they were bashing the 6800 saying these features weren't so important and that "raw performance" was what REALLY counted!!!

Oh r'lly? Where? More of that they "probably" tried to make the point that few uses SM 3.0 in games right now(at that time) only Far Cry is the game that i know of right now that uses it.

Quote:
As my company, MS should have stayed in nVidia's bed where it was nice and warm .. and the performance was better.

You forgot "f-u-n-c-t-i-o-n/-s". Repeat six times in your head for best possible effect! as recommended by the proud people in Ministry of Health. Peace and out.

A question: Are you an Nvidia fan boy?
xxxx
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9fps, who gives a shit. It comes down to cost and common sense. Let's see, you have to buy 2 7800 GTX cards running in SLI for 8 fps. I think you would have to be an addict or a retard who doesn't truly know the value of money to spend the kind of doh to get a measily 8-9fps. That's over a $1000 US for 9fps! Duh. Considering 30FPS is all anyone needs, 37fps good smooth play if the game code is decent at all. Then lets not forget power usage to go SLI requiring a new power supply fans and likely another case. Totally even more retarded. So how anyone can put nvidia anywhere on top is beyond me. Even push Nvidia. I admit, they got a nice card but it's at a huge cost for LITTLE gain.

Looking at this page
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ati_radeon_x1800_xt_xl/page5.asp

Shows the ATI cards have room to get faster. I don't know what I would go with if I was a retard with that kind of money, shit I'd rather fix my house or spend it on my family instead. I don't see any wrong decision going with ATI or nVidia. Just depends on whats more important to you. Your money or your ego.
devilhood
Elite Member
Elite Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SLI will never truely attain it's full potential because no one really cares enough to design an engine that will take full advantage of what nVidia is offering.
Perhaps future driver updates will increase it's overall utilization of power.
I personally believe that it's essentially a novelty feature that will die out in about a years time, well I pray that it does anyways.
The prices for these setups and cards ARE crazy, people have gotta be blind to not notice that the value for money is rock bottom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gameguru Mania Forum Index -> News All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: