Battlefield 2 [cheats]
Enter one of the following console commands on a server to activate the corresponding cheat functions.
List map ID number, name, mode, and number of players - mapList.list
Set path to "_mapList.con" file - mapList.configFile
Reload "_mapList.con" file - mapList.load
Save current map list to "_mapList.con" file - mapList.save
Show total number of maps in current map list - mapList.mapCount
Show the map list ID number of current map - mapList.currentMap
Clear current map list - mapList.clear
Remove specified map from map list - mapList.remove [name]
List players connected - admin.listPlayers
End round and start next map on map list - admin.runNextLevel
View map list ID number for current map - admin.currentLevel
View map list ID number for the next map to be played - admin.nextLevel
Restart current map - admin.restartMap
Ban indicated player by ID; see below for timeout values - admin.banPlayer [id number] [timeout]
Ban indicated player by CD key hash; see below for timeout values - admin.banPlayerKey [key hash] [timeout]
Ban indicated player by IP address; see below for timeout values - admin.addAddressToBanList [ip address] [timeout]
Ban CD key hash; see below for timeout value - admin.addKeyToBanList [key hash] [timeout]
Remove indicated IP address from ban list - admin.removeAddressFromBanList [ip address]
Remove indicated CD key hash from ban list - admin.removeKeyFromBanList [key hash]
Clear all ban lists - admin.clearBanList
List banned IP addresses - admin.listBannedAddresses
List banned CD keys - admin.listBannedKeys
Kick indicated player - admin.kickPlayer [ID number]
Ban values - Use one of the following entries with the banning commands.
Permanent ban - perm
Until next map - round
Number of seconds - [whole number]
Epoch expiration date; seconds since 1/1/1970 - [whole number]
Remote Console Access
To setup remote console access to the server:
- On the server create a new plain text document in admin called default.cfg
- Enter the following text into the new file:
- Save the file, and start the server.
Now you can access the server remotely by using the following commands from a client:
- rcon login
Use this command to login to the server.
- rcon users
This command lists all the users connected to the server. Very similar to admin.listPlayers
- rcon exec
Replace with a console command you would like to execute on the server. For example: rcon exec admin.kickPlayer 3
Use a text editor to edit the "unlocks.py" file in the "pythonbf2stats" folder. Change line 44 from "defaultUnlocks = [0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0]" to "defaultUnlocks = [1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1]".
Faster game loading
Enter the "\ea gamesbattlefield 2 demo\mods\bf2\movies\" folder and delete or move all of its files. There will now be no ads or movies at the start of the game. This can also speed up the menu because there will be no movie in background. This code can also be done in the demo version of the game.
During the game, press the tilde key ( ~ ) and type one of the following codes:
renderer.drawfps 1 - Shows your FPS in-game
UltraHigh Detail in BF2?
. Go into game
2. go to options- Video
3. change all settings to high
4. apply settings
5. Exit Game
6. Go to C:\Documents and Settings\xYOURNAMEx\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles 001(or 0002, 0003 depending on which profiles settings you are changing)
7.Open Video.CON in notepad
8. You should see
9. Change it to
10.Save and Play.
11. When You go into options-video you should now see all settings at Ultra High Detail
12. I leave "VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme" set to 3 because when I set it to 4, it resets all other settings to 3 "High" again.
13. Also for those of you like me, if you have an LCD that natively supports 1280x1024 you can force that resolution via a shortcut command. RightClick your BattleField 2 Icon on the desktop, go to properties, Where it says target make it look like this.... "G:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 21\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024 remember, your install may not be on G: drive like mine, so change accordingly.