Might and Magic IX [cheats&hints]
When entering the locked door on the Isle of Ashes,
open the chest to the right, just inside the door.
Do not click on the book -- this will take you to the
next part of the game. Instead, go back through the
door and enter the Verhoffin Ruins. Do not enter the
doors. You are not strong enough to kill the skeletons
in there. While in here, go down the hall and around the
corner to the end and open the chest. Take everything
and leave. Go back to the now opened door and look at
the chest. It should now be closed. Re-open it and take
everything. Go back to the ruins, leave ruins, go back
to chest, and the chest will be closed again. Keep going
backwards and forwards collecting items from same chest.
Note: This was done with the v1.2 patch of the game.
Go to Thjorgard Training Hall. Fall down the chandelier
and go west. Break the crate where the black chest is
located and get the artifact. Leave through the door with
all the lizards and return. A different powerful artifact
will be there every time.
-- from lord x
This is hex cheat so use a hex editor. First save the game and open your saved game using hex editor. There are two files for saves, you need to open one with extension of HDR (i.e. joker.hdr)
1. Health & Mana: If your max health is 40, then look for e8 00 00 28. Now, if you want max health to be 296, change it to e8 00 00 28 01. Your current health is after 3 pairs of 00s after your health. That is, if your spell point is 40, then it's e8 00 00 28 00 00 00 28 and last 28 is your mana. Your max mana is again located after 3 pairs of 00s from your current mana.
2. Your Stats: If your first two stats are 1 1 then look for 01 00 00 00 00 01. Other stats are located after 4 pairs of 00s.
3. Weapons: It's located right after your stats. The order of weapons are blade, cudgel, bow, spear, thrown, unarmed combat. The space between weapons are 3 pairs of 00s. For example, if your weapons are blade & cudgel, then hex would be the first 01 00 00 00 01 after your stat. If your weapon is cudgel & bow then your hex would be 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 01
4. Defense: It's right after weapons and it's located after 3 pairs of 00s from last weapon (unarmed combat) The order is armor, dodge & shield. The spacing between them is 3 pairs of 00s. (i.e., if your armor and dodge are 1 & 1, then hex is 01 00 00 00 01)
5. Magic: It's located after 3 pairs of 00s from last defense (shield). The order is Elemental, Dark, Light & Spirit. The spacing between them is 3 pairs of 00s.
6. Specialty: Again it's located after 3 pairs of 00s from last magic(spirit). The order is ArmsMaster, DisarmTrap, Merchant, Perception, Item Repair, Identify Item, Identify Monster, Body Building, Learning & Meditation. The spacing between them is 3 pairs of 00s.