Sonic Riders [GC]
Unlock new Extreme Gear
Beating the game's modes yields new goodies for use by most or all characters:
Blue Star II (Sonic's board) - Beat the Babel Story
Darkness (Shadow's jet sneakers) - Beat the Hero Story
Egg-Rider (Eggman's scooter) - Beat the Babel Story
Magic Carpet - Beat the Babel Story
- Successfully complete the Hero storyline to unlock Shadow The Hedgehog, Rouge The Bat, and Cream The Rabbit.
- Successfully complete the Babylon storyline to unlock Eggman.
- Successfully complete the Hero storyline to unlock Shadow's Darkness jet shoes, Rouge's Temptation board, and Cream's Smile board.
- Successfully complete the Babylon storyline to unlock Sonic's Blue Star II board, Eggman's Egg-Rider scooter, and the Magic Carpet.
- Successfully complete the Hero storyline to unlock Mission mode, Babylon storyline, and the ability to buy skates at the shop.
To use automated trails to your advantage, wait for when the Analog-stick spinning part begins. When you spin it, it fills your air gauge. However if you keep spinning it beyond that, the speed meter will go faster up to a certain point.
To use turbulence effectively, wait for it to appear and ride on it. After you see arrows on the side, move towards it to gain speed and air. Also, it is an effective way to get in position to pass and hit an opponent.
Defeating Babylonian God
To defeat this giant, play as Sonic. He has three lives. To catch him, get a good head start. He is very quick. Do not make a mistake or it will take awhile to catch up. When you start, you must catch up to him using the turbulence streams and the grind rails. It helps to make quick work of him. Also, use the ramps and try to make the most tricks you can, but do not take any unnecessary risks. After you start getting close to him, use your boost to go through the lamp-like object below him, and he will let out a cry. Then the stage will look like a digital place for a period of time. After it returns to normal, repeat the process. After the third strike you deliver, it will quickly turn into a race. If you are near the finish line, use the turbulence and your boosts at any costs. When you win you will see an intermission sequence showing what the legendary treasure really is.
Egg Factory: Avoid losing speed
Instead of losing speed when hitting the lava, boost through it to keep your velocity.
Faster boosts and stronger attacks
Depending on what level your attacks are, they will last for a longer time and have a paralyzing effect. At level 1, you will have a short boost and weak attacks; and no paralyzing. At level 2, you will have a medium sized boost and stronger impact on enemies; and short Paralysis. At level 3, you will have the longest sized boost and a powerful paralyzing attack on your enemies.