SolarFall Games today announced that its hack n slash CryEngine 3 action RPG, Umbra, will support Kythera, a new AI platform. According to the development team, everything in Umbra will be dynamic, including the AI. Characters can react to blocked routes if the player destroys a bridge or doorway, as well as finding new ways across moving objects or around cleared debris. Umbra is said to put the player in a post-apocalyptic fantasy universe, with features including:
- Violent combat against large groups of organized enemies
- Destructible environment
- Day and night cycle and weather management
- Deep story background and oppressive ambiance
- Many different gameplay mechanisms and skills to defeat your enemies
- Free character progression
- Powerful craft system and semi-procedural weapon generation
last 10 comments:
(09:08 PM EST - Jan,15 2013 )
quote: Characters can react to blocked routes if the player destroys a bridge
That just failed at the very beginning, so I guess I'll treat the rest of the claims as such.
(11:40 AM EST - Jan,16 2013 )
how did it failed ? he destroyed the first bridge, then the AI tried to run to the second bridge.
anyway, its just dynamic pathfinding... dont know what is so special that will make this game stand out.